Dead JW found in bath after 6 days

by wouldacouldashoulda 33 Replies latest jw friends

• wouldacouldashoulda
    wouldacouldashoulda

Hi Guys

I was a witness in sunny old London and was in a congregation where a brother was found after being dead 6 days (estimated). He was an older publisher who had no family and was a fairly odd character. Does finding him after 6 days make the witnesses look good for finding him, bad for taking so long or something else?

W

• blondie
    blondie

Told to me by an elder:

There was a sister in his congregation that was in her 60's and had a non-jw husband. After not seeing her at the meetings for about 4 weeks, he and another elder "dropped by" without calling first. Her husband came to the door and looked at them strangely when they asked to see her. "Don't you know, we buried her last week, she died from a heart attack." Evidently, no one had checked on her or even read the obituaries. Then the husband slammed the door in their face.

This elder felt it was wrong of the husband not to call them.................

• sweet pea
    sweet pea

WCS - you have a pm.

• is there help out there
    is there help out there

When at least we know he is clean.

• lifelong humanist
    lifelong humanist

wouldacouldashoulda

Yet another depressing, sad tale...

Most JWs that I knew bathed rather infrequently - BO in the hall was 'de rigeur' - deodorants were not for 'true christians'. This guy must have been a truly exceptional person - or did someone just decide to drown him in the bath?

Still, the delay in finding him doesn't take away from the fact that he must have lived a rather sad, isolated life. Without knowing the facts, it is impossible to know the reason why no one called in on a regular basis and discovered the body in the tub. Regardless of this, if he was a JW, surely someone within his peer group would should have found him sooner?

Not a good advert for the JW cult, and their usual total lack of concern, or fellow feeling, for their cult membership!

lifelong humanist

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

thats so harsh.....how elders can leave sheep for 4weeks!!!! wot..... They are double accountable though.

But i can believe that, after my hubby had his accident and we werent even given a 1% chance that he would walk again, I couldnt get to the meetings for 2months due to him being bed bound etc...anyway we were visited......ready!!! NEVER :) yup.....

so that poor sis, and that poor bro, i really feel for them.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

"God's org" seem to be missing what Jesus said would identify ture Christians- love.

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

not Jahs org that dont have love??? Yes there will be some individuals who dont BUT we were warned "wheat and weeds", also myrah hindley was a catholic...that doesnt mean catholics are nasty all because of a mere few. Likewise Jahs org has plenty of love and many of us serving Jah have love :)

• John Doe
    John Doe
    Likewise Jahs org has plenty of love and many of us serving Jah have love :)

I'm sure the ones who came and visited you were the ones with love.

• Gregor
    Gregor

I think elders should be checked on frequently to make sure they haven't screwed up their autoerotic asphyxiation. Check the closets.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit