Dead JW found in bath after 6 days

by wouldacouldashoulda 33 Replies latest jw friends

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

john doe well said...i have a HUGE grin on my face!! big hugs to you and a high five :)

But....yes shepherds showing a lack of love..HUGE lack mad i add, but that doesnt mean the org arent loving, its made me ever so stronger.

• shamus100
    shamus100

Elders don't have time to check up on people. They are too busy - which is why I don't understand the paranoia of fading.

A) Become very distant from everyone for about 2 months.

B) One day, just don't show up.

They won't bother you. And if they do, tell them you're depressed! Say nothing. You are faded. Enjoy!

They keep coming? Well, tell them you are VERY depressed and tell them you will call them when you are ready to talk. You're faded.

When I quit, they had no idea what was happening until it was too late. This lost little bo-peep doesn't want to be found either. Be that in a kingdumb hall, or dead in a bathtub. (poor guy)

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

I was told by a sis that houseobund ones have elders who are assigned to them to visit and encourage....is that true?? Maybe thats why they too busy for other things??

• JWoods
    JWoods
    I was told by a sis that houseobund ones have elders who are assigned to them to visit and encourage....is that true?? Maybe thats why they too busy for other things??

I never actually saw this done formally...there were a few good elders who would make the effort on their own. Generally, if you were not well enough to get to the meetings, you were pretty much ignored (except for your family or special friends).

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

My grandmother died at home..alone. The JW's came and peeked in the window and could see her motionless body. They called my JW mom because my grandmother's other daughter was DF'd.

The called my JW mom in KY...my grandmother and aunt lived in CA.

Then they called the police.

lisa

• RR
    RR

Did he at least turn in his time, hate for him to die "inactive"

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

When we stopped going to meetings nobody knew why. We could have been dead for all they knew. It would have been 8 months before the elders would have found our rotting corpses on their first "shepherding call".

• dissed
    dissed

Some years ago in Canada, the Elders organized hospital visits so as not to miss taking care of those being treated. It was a beautiful idea, and the JW's loved the concern and care being shown to them.

It was the GB of JW's who put a stop to that. It was wrong of those Elders to be so presumptious as to jump ahead of the GB direction.

Can you think of any org. that would take such an unloving stand? How could that even come up in the heart of a follower of JC?

You can not put this on the shoulders of imperfect, uncaring Elders in the congregations, they were imitating JC. It was solely the self-appointed, self-claiming, spirit directed GB.

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

should they not know the appearance of the flock?

If the cong were really true friends and knew this person was always there would not common sense say something must be wrong,

I should call or drop by to see if _____is ok....

Older ones need to be checked on often....

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

dissed, the gb stopped hospital visits???

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit