Dead JW found in bath after 6 days

by wouldacouldashoulda 33 Replies latest jw friends

• caliber
    caliber

I think for about half of the Elders that it firmly knew who had natural inborn love and compassion, this is buried or set aside because of

all the other requirements from GB (WT) . If there is blame I would tend to pass it along a little higher up as the root cause .

Caliber
    That same mentality has prevailed among men of many lands and in many periods who have excused themselves of guilt in serious injustice by the claim that "they were simply following orders from their superiors." Even the world's courts have rejected such an excuse. How much more should Christians reject it!... Complex quote from WT

Yes I think it it is wrong to pass along blame if you can truly recognize it... however the point I was trying to make is when the "Cult mind"

verses the "natural mind "(Steven Hassan terms ) ...most of the time" the cult mind" overrides as the righteous way or as God's way .

My previous point I think makes clear what" the natural mind" would or should do

I think the key thing rather to ask... are we personally doing what we can to care and protect others from neglect or needless harm ?

Also in this idea of passing along blame there is" community responsibility "for each one of us even as neighbors to do what we can to the

best of our informed knowledge . In the eyes of the courts ... "I didn't know" won't cut it ! ....but in matters of conscience it does hold validity (IMHO)

That same mentality has prevailed among men of many lands and in many periods who have excused themselves of guilt in serious injustice by the claim that "they were simply following orders from their superiors."

As for the case of a man not being found for six days after his death ...I don't think anyone could call this "serious injustice " by following orders from superiors

Then there are two areas (1) sins of commission..(2).sins of omission....if such was "sin of omission' would required some foreknowledge to be guilty of such

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

6 days is no fuzz, it could be that he was not oo regular at the meetings, taht he used to travel, who knows. But the one month "thing" where the JW was dead and buried - was a bad one. I clearly see the first part of it can happen, that one dies rather suddenly, and that non-JW family members do not want to include the congregation and so they are not informed - but someone should have seen the newspaper, someone should have heard someone say that he/had had heard that ...... etc. Here, we visit the ones in hospital and retirement homes frequently.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Greetings, Caliber:

I enjoyed your comments and understand your point. What you wrote initially reminded me of Brother Lang's attitude toward helping the disfellowshiped woman. There are comparisons and contrasts, of course, and not all that I offered is applicable to the original topic.

Gratefully,

CoCo

• caliber
    caliber

compound complex,

You are always sogracious and understanding... I just thought I should clarify my statement to avoid misunderstanding

Your thoughts consistently are so smooth flowing and poetic ...thank you ...cheers ..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit