Starting to write here after reading for years

by deep-blue-sea 28 Replies latest jw experiences

• bluecanary
    bluecanary

Welcome to the forum, deep-blue-sea. And welcome to the smaller club of people who have the color blue in their screen name.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Howdy and welcome!

• Heaven
    Heaven

Welcome Claudia and Chris!

Why not just give them the www.jwfacts.com link? As sacolton recently said, if the GB are really NOT inspired prophets of God, as they themselves have said, why listen to them?

• linp24
    linp24

HI Claudia.

English may not be your mother tongue, but you demonstrate a competence with the language that rivals many of us so-called "English Speakers." ---------

Welcome and blessings.

• willyloman
    willyloman

Deep-blue: Before you fire off a letter to the JW relatives, read this essay:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/182323/1/Why-Some-People-are-Better-Off-in-Cults

It will help you understand what you are up against in trying to convince JWs why leaving the organization is in their (or your) best interests. Most of them will be in strong denial no matter how good your talking points are, and those few who sympathize will be too afraid to express their true feelings.

As you read this forum, you discover there are voluntary two ways to go out: Fade, or Disassociate yourself. A letter outlining the reasons you left is de facto disassociation and you will be branded as an apostate. This makes it awkward if there are relatives in the organization that you want to retain some sort of relationship with in the future, even a superficial relationship.

If you "fade," you may be able to preserve some of those relationships - at least until you have time to make new friends, develop new interests, and arrive at a place emotionally where you won't care so much when your family and former "friends" shun you.

Welcome to the forum; your English is quite good!

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

Boujour et bienvenue!

• cantleave
    cantleave

Thanks for the intro Claudia

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

brave!

• deep-blue-sea
    deep-blue-sea

Thanks to all of you for the warm welcome, for the encouragement for my language skills, thanks for the suggestions on how afford this issue with my family members.

I have to underline that my husband (super-elder during almost 30 years) realized who really was the Watchtower after a conflict lasted more than 2-3 years with the CO, the local Bethel, and the local elders, after so many unsleeping nights and tears and sufferings.

Our adult children, lost their trust in the organization during that period and left the organization even a few months before us. One of them has recently been dsf without even be INFORMED. The others sent their disgusted (because of the disgusting way they treated their father after a life of dedication to the WT) dissociation letters a few months ago.

One member of my family, when I tried to say a few discrediting thoughts about the organization once, told me: Listen: We do not like you talk in this way of the organization, so you keep your thoughts for you, and we keep ours…and this is valid for the whole family…..

So, I try to act in this way: I do not talk about the organization…..not even to tell them that my husband and sons are disfellowshipped!

It seems to me, that they are aware we do not attend anymore the ‘spiritual activities’, but they prefer NOT TO ASK and NOT TO KNOW so that they are not obliged to take decisions about us: shall we greet them, receive them, meet them or not????? Do you understand`?

We will see how the events will turn in the future…but I’m almost ready to answer.

NINJA wrote: I knew a brother who kept cats....his name was claude balls....have you heard of him?

-Never heard about Claude, nor his cats.....

MOUTHY wrote : Hello Claudia and Hello Chris

- Thanks for your welcome…Chris is new on the forum too? Anyway he is not my husbanddddd….

• yknot
    yknot

Glad you have decided to join!

(hugs to both Claudia and Chris)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit