Starting to write here after reading for years

by deep-blue-sea 28 Replies latest jw experiences

• deep-blue-sea
    deep-blue-sea

Hi everybody,

I decided to join the group though I’m reading this forum since years now. I almost know you all….by nickname I mean….

My husband joined you a few years ago already. But I do not feel so ‘free of speech’ because English is not my mother tongue, but I read a lot English books, have some relations with English speaking people, have a nice friend who is active on this forum and very known (because of her discoveries), so I will try to do my best. I’m leaving in one of the French speaking country in Europe.

My husband is disfellowshipped since a few months, but before that, when he felt that things were moving with the elders after years of fading, he provoked a big mess between the local JW by sending almost 500 letters and e-mail to JW explaining the reasons of his fading.

But I’m still a witness, namely I have just the ‘label’, but not attending since 4 years now. My problem is the usual JW’s problem: the family! My family, though leaving far away are all devote witnesses and I still have not explained to all of them the reasons which brought us to take such a difficult decision after more than 50 years of attendance!!!!

For the time being, I’m thinking to which arguments would be the most acceptable to them. I’m collecting arguments, sentences, reasoning, quotations, in order to write to them all, a long letter.

Well, thankful to be here, wish you all a sunny Sunday!

Claudia

• Gayle
    Gayle

So many best wishes for you in this endeavor of informing your family of your own personal thoughts regarding the Watchtower Society. It sounds like you are ready to accept your family response? I hope it won't be the typical response of JWs, but it is likely. Wow, your husband has been busy with his writing and obviously stands by his strong conviction. Fortunately, you have each other.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Ho Claudia,

Welcome to the forum.

It must be nice having your husband out too. I'm Jealous.

Don't bother with the big long letter. You can't tell them anything, they don't listen and the more you tell them in one session, the less they will hear.

If you must do something, just ask one question. Make it a good one. Don't change the subject or let them change the subject until you have an answer to that one. Getting them to write you up a king list for Babylon from 625-539 BC might get them thinking. Try it yourself first, so that you know what you are talking about.

Cheers

Chris

• AgapeAcceptance
    AgapeAcceptance

Dear Claudia,

I'm really new here and I know no one at all, so at least you are better off than I am.. <smile> .

Well done to you for taking this step to introduce yourself to us all, I do understand how hard that must have been. I too wish you all the best in this journey that you are taking along with your husband.

My prayers are for you both to find peace and love out side of the society, which I am totally sure sure you will do.

God bless you both

Chris

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Hello Claudia and hello Chris.

Welcome to you both.

• Saoirse
    Saoirse

Welcome Claudia and Chris.

Claudia, your English is fine. Please don't be afraid to post.

• ninja
    ninja

I knew a brother who kept cats....his name was claude balls....have you heard of him?

• mouthy
    mouthy

Hello Claudia and Hello Chris.
    Great to have you join us. This is a great family of friends
    there are all kinds on here,non believers,believers,JW's
    naughty ones who like to tease like ninja,
    But as for letting the family know all the falseness of the WT
    I wouldnt do that.... They will shun you I am sure .Like my kids
    I miss my daughter & granddaughter SOOOO much,,But the Wt
    holds them hostage... But great to have you pull up that chair
    & join us (((((HUGS))))

Granny/Mouthy/Grace Gough

• Quandry
    Quandry

I knew a brother who kept cats....his name was claude balls....have you heard of him?

Ninja-I am so glad I was not eating or drinking at the time I read this......

Welcome, Claudia.

Why do anything at all? If your family still speaks to you, just tell them you'd rather not discuss why you don't go to the KHall. That is, unless you are ready to break all ties with them, for that is what may happen.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Welcome, Claudia!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit