help friends urgently needed

by yellow 33 Replies latest jw friends

• finding my way
    finding my way

thanks for all the welcomes :0)

I tried the whole Yahoo answers thing once and the Dubs were like sharks. It's so much nicer over here!

• Saoirse
    Saoirse

Welcome yellow & finding my way!

Leaving a cult and being shunned for it isn't easy. It was probably one of the most difficult things I have ever gone through. It does get better though. As you will see, many of us have gone on to lead happy & productive lives. There is life after the Watchtower. Nothing is better than freedom.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Good luck finding friends, you are in the right place onn JWN. I am pretty certain I will be making a similar request in the near future.

• penny2
    penny2

Welcome yellow and finding my way.

• dissed
    dissed

Yellow and Finding my way.

Glad you found your way to this site. You are in good hands, don't worry. Your friends here will get you through anything.

• wantstoleave
    wantstoleave

Welcome!!!!

Can I ask, how did you go about DA? Did you have to telephone an elder? Or meet with them?

• yellow
    yellow

I wrote a letter to the body of elders stating I didn't want to be recognized as a J W also said I didn't want them to call me or contact me. Of course they did anyway wanted to meet up with me to see if they could help, I declined their offer, having said that they said "well of course we can't tell you what to do" To which I thought they've been doing that for the past 20 years. They give you 7 days before they announce it, in case you change your mind, and if you do you get treated like your the spawn of Satan. I'm so glad i'm out it gets announced this week.

• wantstoleave
    wantstoleave

Thanks for that Yellow. Do you have family that's still in? I think that's the main thing that keeps most of us in, because we don't want to be shunned by those close to us.

• yellow
    yellow

fortunately for me i have no family that is is the borg, which is great, they have all been really supportive and are glad I am now out. I have a cousin abroad who is a witness but has been inactive for a year or so. Now that her mum has just recently died she is getting out too. She says she was only doing it to make her mum happy. So I can understand the problems you face if you have family in, which was why d/a was an easy option for me, many people I know have faded which seems to be a better solution if you have family.

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

so sorry yellow......sad you've left because of ones within the cong who clearly werent showing you the brotherly love they should.

Im still a serving jw and yes i see lots too but keep your faith, Jah will deal with certain ones.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit