help friends urgently needed

by yellow 33 Replies latest jw friends

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

hey welcome :) big hugs to you ((hug))

• yellow
    yellow

thank you all for your posts they have been of great help to me. My family non-dubs dont understand they think I should just walk away gracefully from all this, which they are right of course but so much hurt and damage has been done to me because of this cult, I have no other place to vent. I realize from looking at life stories and experiences on this site and others that this is not something new to ex dubs, and what goes on in the halls in Gods name would actually make the man himself shudder. I look forward to the day when he pours out his anger upon them.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Welcome Yellow and Finding my way.

Very happy to have you join us...It does get better

once you have accepted your FREE!!! from bondage YELLOW ---Findingmyway

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

When I left for the last time, I started reading everything I could get my hands on.

This really stood out to me:

*Former Jim Jones disciple Deborah Layton puts it eloquently:

When our own thoughts are forbidden, when our questions are not allowed and our doubts are punished, when contacts and friendships outside the organization are censored, we are being abused for an end that never justifies its means. When our heart aches knowing we have made friendships and secret attachments that will be forever forbidden if we leave, we are in danger. When we consider staying in a group because we cannot bear the loss, disappointment, and sorrow our leaving will cause for ourselves and those we have come to love, we are in a cult.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Welcome Yellow and Finding My Way!

• Butterflyleia85
    Butterflyleia85

wow lisavegas420 thanks for sharing that one... (Deborah Layton puts it...)

• Quandry
    Quandry

It bears repeating....

WELCOME TO ALL NEW ONES!!

You are among friends!!!

You are not dead, but now very much alive.

You are worth much, and have much to say.

• Heaven
    Heaven

Wow! There seem to be so many new ones joining lately (do I still qualify as 'new'?). Welcome Yellow and Finding My Way!

One bro showed a distinct hatred for me when I told him. The shunning begins

When I was little, my mother explained to me that hatred in any form is of Satan and that hatred serves only to destroy the one feeling it. When I saw this type of hatred in the JWs, I knew this organization was not God's.

It's funny how you can't understand their thinking all of a sudden.

My big ah-hah moment was telling me I had to live as a slave, as someone to be forceably controlled and conquered once I got married. I knew myself well enough to know that I could never live this way. Hence, I could not be a JW. That was about 30 years ago.

Lisa... thank you for sharing what Deborah Layton said. It is wonderfully put. I second what Quandry said.

This is your life and it is as though you are starting anew. I hope for all that decide to leave that they embrace this with joy and hope. Make it fun to create and discover your new life!

• Gayle
    Gayle

We understand where you're at now. Maybe bittersweet, but gets sweeter.

• brinjen
    brinjen

yellow and finding my way.... and on your freedom.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit