Has President Obama Disappointed You?

by minimus 38 Replies latest jw friends

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

I agree with his agenda. I am disappointed that he has not garnered more support for implementing it. Actually, I think the amount of push-back his administration has received from the right (and the left) caught him by surprise. But dealing with that is part of the job. He needs to forget bi-partisanship - that's a joke.

But it is early days yet. I wonder who will have the last laugh? Obama has slipped on a few banana peels, but the GOP are finding themselves relegated to the scrap heap. They may find that pyrrhic victory is not so sweet.

• jeeprube
    jeeprube
    Last night, the folks at SNL poked fun at Obama's track record, thus far. . .

SNL was spot on last night. About the only thing Obama and the Congressional Dems can claim right now is impotence. I'm still holding my breath that they'll do something that provides some relief to the masses, but then I do tend to be a bit naive.

Farkel, you're right about the Carter/Reagen economy and the cigar; though Clinton getting a hummer in the oval office never bothered me and masturbating a women with a cigar is just awesome! I mean damm...can you imagine smoking that delicious cigar later? None of that changes the fact that Obama inherited a turd sandwich from Bush.

• jeeprube
    jeeprube

I've always wondered what kind of cigar it was? Was it a skikky little Swisher Sweet or big ole' fat Cuban?

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I really had one issue when it came to the president- End the Iraq conflict. All indications were that this thing could be ended inside of a year, so I didn't vote (fader JW issue) but I wanted the guy (Obama) who wanted an end to it to win.

It's going on 9 months now and no end is in sight.

I am tired of the "Messiah" image that people had of Obama. He is just a typical Democrat, really not a nickel's difference between what he will do and what Hilary Clinton would do.

I am happy that the Olympics didn't come to my hometown of Chicago. Many people thought that Obama would surely bring it home. That's the leftovers of the Messiah image. In international circles, he's just the president. He's not the end-all of American leaders. I think many Americans are thinking the world would put out a red carpet to the USA now that they have elected such a guy.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Regarding that SNL opening last night...

I don't know if you watched SNL last night, but very quietly, something
    pretty big happened: at 11:29 pm ET last night, the era of "not knowing how to
    make fun of Obama" ended.

Not a hilarious sketch or anything, but the first straight-up, sustained NORMAL
    skewering of a President that has ever been done on Obama. In the past, all
    SNL, Daily Show, monologue mentions, etc have really been backhanded
    compliments: "look how much he's doing! who does he think he is?!" or "his
    opponents are crazy."

A comedy meme is crystalizing: Like "Bill Clinton is horny," "George Bush is an
    idiot," "Al Gore is a lecturing, boring, know-it-all": "For all his talk Obama
    hasn't accomplished anything."
  • thomas15
    thomas15

$760 Billion spent in 9 months. The president has not even begun to spend money on his pet projects and he has accomplished the impossible, he has spent more in 9 months than his predicessor spent in 8 years on a war.

Question, where did all this money go and who will replace it? Thank you Mr. American taxpayer?

Another Question, why are his approval ratings headed south in free fall mode? Mr. American taxpayer waking up?

Tom

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5
    Before the war, White House economic adviser Lawrence Lindsay estimated the cost at $100 to $200 billion. So the White House got rid of him and "re-estimated" the cost at $50 to $60 billion. It's now over $500 billion. The neocons, Rumsfeld, Cheney, Wolfowitz, etc. were just totally unrealistic. "We are dealing with a country that can really finance its own reconstruction, and relatively soon." – Wolfowitz, March 28, 2003. Who's fooling who?
  • snowbird
    snowbird

No, he hasn't disappointed me because I didn't expect a lot from him. I knew all along that his efforts would be similar to those of Sisyphus.

Were it not for the historicity of his nomination, I wouldn't have even voted for him.

When I lift up my eyes and hands, it's not toward Obama.

Sylvia

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    I've always wondered what kind of cigar it was? Was it a skikky little Swisher Sweet or big ole' fat Cuban?

Ladies love smoking the big ole' fat Cuban.

BTS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit