Are you guided by spirit?

by straightshooter 40 Replies latest jw friends

• diamondiiz
    diamondiiz

No, I'm not under any delusion that there is something out there guiding me in any direction. If God is, He is not using his spirit to guide anyone at this time nor is there any gifts in spirit manifested today. Just because I choose not to cheat on my wife or whack some one off does not mean I'm guided by spirit. If I choose not to steal when I could or lie when it might better me, that also doesn't mean I'm led by spirit but it just means that I make choices that may perallel the bible's acceptable works. I don't hear voices nor do I see anything out of ordinary - those that I knew who seen things and heard voices were in a mental hospital for drug abuse.

I would like to hear some real proof how others are led by spirit.

• Charlie Cheddar
    Charlie Cheddar

I'm with Outlaw on this one.

You can't beat the guidance of a good Scotch single malt when you're feeling a bit lost.

Is a lamp to my foot, and a light to my roadway.

CC

• AGuest
    AGuest

May you have peace!

You've commented that:

Yes we receive holy spirit from Jesus.

I must ask you, then, how is it that you receive such spirit... without being "in union" with Christ? And how is that spirit manifest in you (i.e., how am I to tell - what is/are your gift(s))? Please know that I ask these questions in ALL sincereity. I do not mean to antangonize or be contentious, but only to understand.

Where did he get holy spirit from? Acts 2:33 "Now raised to the heights by God's right hand, 'he has received from the Father the Holy Spirit, who was promised, 'and what you see and hear is the outpouring of that Spirit."

Unfortunately, this is an extremely misleading mistransliteration of the verse, and thus the truth... and further evidence of earthling man's ignorance as to the Most Holy One of Israel, His spirit, the Holy Spirit, and Christ. You see, while our Lord did receive holy spirit (God's active life force, as explained previously) from The Most Holy One of Israel...he didn't "receive" The Holy Spirit. This is because he… IS the Holy Spirit... a glorified spirit (celestial; heavenly) being, who received such glorification by fulfilling his promise to God. (2 Corinthians 3:17)

Like so many others, however, you are confusing "spirit"... which is life force (God's AND ours, we have spirit, too)... with "spirit" which is a living, but non-physical being. Dear one, angels are spirits... as is our Adversary. Yet, none of these are the Holy Spirit. Failure to make this particular distinction has caused SO much misleading... even of the chosen ones... to the detriment of "christianity" the world over.

But, I am your servant and, as such, must try to help you understand the TRUTH (even though I am coming to doubt that you will even read what is posted here, let alone look up the supporting verses. But you are not my "sheep" and so that is not my concern - to your own master you will stand... or fall).

Now, then, I tell you TRUTHFULLY, that Acts 2:33 SHOULD read:

"has received from the Father holy spirit, which was promised, and what you see and hear is the outpouring of that spirit."

Here, Peter wasn't speaking of the Holy Spirit, the Spirit of the Truth, which the Most Holy of Israel was going to send to Christ's disciples. Peter was speaking of the outpouring of holy spirit, the fulfillment and manifestation of what was prophesied at Joel 2:28… which outpouring is done BY the Holy Spirit, Christ.

What occurred was this:

A. Prior to coming the flesh, our Lord was a spirit being... residing in the spirit realm with the Most Holy One of Israel, his God and Father, JAH of Armies. Although he had glory prior to coming in the flesh, he was not yet glorified such that he not yet been named "worthy" of inheriting God's kingdom... and thus have ALL authority, in heaven AND on earth, granted to him. Prior to such glorification, however, even Satan had some authority, such that my Lord did not yet have ALL authority. (Matthew 28:18; Luke 4:6)

B. When he came, he made a PROMISE... to do GOD'S will and NOT his own... and manifested (made known; demonstrated) his intent to keep that promise... by being baptized in the Jordan. Contrary to what the WTBTS teaches, he did NOT get baptized just to set an example for us: he had no sin to repent for. Rather, he was baptized to show that he NO LONGER LIVED FOR HIS OWN WILL... BUT "DIED" TO SUCH WILL... and so would now do GOD'S will.

This manifestation was accepted by God... who manifested HIS approval and acceptance by:

1. Removing His life force (spirit) from the temple at Jerusalem... where He "resided/dwelled" on earth. Note, a temple is not a gathering place for religious purposes, per se (that is a synagogue). Rather, a "temple", dear one… is a place were [a] god resides… and where people go to offer sacrifices of atonement to such god. In this case, the temple at Jerusalem is the place where God dwelled… on earth. His spirit resided here… in the "most" holy. (Exodus 25:22; 1 Kings 8:6, 10-13, 27); and

2. Putting such spirit IN Christ... His NEW "temple"… which gave him power over bad spirits and the flesh. (Matthew 3:16; 4:24; Luke 4:17)

These acts manifested God's rejection and abandonmentof the temple [at Jerusalem] as His "dwelling" place… and His acceptance and approval of Christ, His Son, as that NEW dewlling "place."

C. Christ then fulfilled his intent by:

1. Rejecting offers for more "authority" by Satan, thus answering the "universal question" that one raised. He did NOT sin" but unequivocally rejected such offers. (Job 1:8-12; 2:3-7; Luke 4:1-13); and

2. Used such spirit to do GOD'S will: feed the hungry, heal the lame, cure the sick, expel demons, resurrect the dead, etc. While he was with them, he also gave a bit of this "authority" to his disciples. (Matthew 17:16, 19; 14:29; John 5:17, 19-21)

But he was not yet glorified as the Holy Spirit.

To do that, he had to:

1. Empty himself out and take a lower life form (Philippians 2:7); and

2. Reside among us (John 1:14);

3. In the same kind of bodies that we have - i.e., "terrestrial/earthly" and thus, sinFUL flesh, meaning flesh FULL of sin… and NOT sinLESS flesh, meaning flesh without sin in it (Romans 8:3; 1 Corinthians 15:40). However, although his FLESH was sinFUL… his SPIRIT… was sinLESS; so that he could

4. Be tested as we are… in ALL respects (Hebrews 4:15); and yet

5. NOT sin (Hebrews 4:15);

6. Even when wrongfully being put to death (Luke 6:27-29; 23:34;1 Peter 3:9); so that he could

7. Return to heaven and present a PERFECT blood sacrifice (Hebrews 8:12); with which he could

8. Purchase… from Death… people FOR God… in order to form a nation of kings and priests to Him (Revelation 5:9)

And so, he was put to death… after which he rose from death in the flesh… and then transfigured into a spirit in order to enter into the spirit realm before the actual person of God to offer his sinLESS blood… as a "perfect" sacrifice. (Luke 24:39; Acts 1:9; Matthew 17:2; 1 Corinthians 15:51; 1 Thessalonians 4:17)

For THIS… he was named WORTHY… to open the scrolls… to receive the kingdom… and to have ALL authority given him… to his UTMOST glory… and as a result, he BECAME…the Holy Spirit (2 Corinthians 3:17; Revelation 5:1-5)… and the One who pours out God's holy spirit… His active life force… LIVING WATER… upon earthling man.

By means of receiving such spirit… God's active life force… holy spirit… those of the early congregation were able to prophesy… and more. (John 4:10, 14; 7:37-39; Revelation 22:1, 17; Acts 2:4; 3:1-8; 1 Corinthians 12:4-11)

And THIS… is what Peter was speaking of at Acts 2:33 (Acts 10:45). By means of Christ, who poured such spirit OUT on the congregation, God now dwelled... in THEM (1 Corinthians 3:16, 17; Ephesians 2:21, 22)... and was doing His "works" THROUGH them... just as had through Christ.

Again, may you have ears to hear… and I bid you peace.

Your servant, and a slave of Christ,

SA

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

PjsChipper..

It`s evident to me..

You have no clue what Shelby/AGuest..Is Talking about..

Let me Help you..

Shelby wants to know..

How you can possibly recieve the Holy Spirit,without being in direct contact with Jesus?

If you are to even to be given that gift..

You need a 1 on 1 relationship with Jesus..

Shelby is talking about something real..

Someone you actually see and talk to..

If you really want Jesus..

Shelbys the one,to give you Jesus Lessons..

.........................OUTLAW

• White Dove
    White Dove

In effect, Diamond said that correlation does not prove causation. Good behavior does not prove guidance from an unseen source. It does prove choice of action.

• Heaven
    Heaven

This one works for me. Sleeman Clear... yum!

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Looks like we got another live one.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    Looks like we got another live one.

• Satanus
    Satanus

pj

According to wt dogma, dreams of a spiritual nature ceased. You may want to shop around for another religion, one that respects socalled gifts of the spirit. According to wt dogma, your dreams are demonic in origin, or just ordinary dreams. Just trying to help.

S

• diamondiiz
    diamondiiz

I also think or speak silently but that doesn't mean it's holy spirit talking to my in my thoughts - just me thinking :). People have various dreams, many of us had de javu experiences but it doesn't make us prophets nor does it make us guided by spirit. When we ponder on subjects the mind still works even when we sleep and may continue to work on solutions to our questions or problems even days or weeks later we can still have these dreams come up that also doesn't mean it's holy spirit. I've had deep thoughts on certain issues that had nothing to do with the bible and I know I had dreams about the issue many days afterward and I don't contribute any of that to holy spirit as it had nothing to do with God. If God's spirit operated today on people silently it would also manifest itself in some ways physically but these gifs were to be done away and I believe they have been. There is no evidence that some gifts stuck around while others stopped. It may be just our imagination making us think that when we come to some sort of conclusion it has to be from God - why? Can't we come up to OUR understanding all by ourselves? Look at 1925 teaching, I'm sure old Joe thought about it and came to the conclusion that it was biblical and maybe even thought it was God's spirit guiding him but really it was just his deep or shallow thinking that made him come up with this bogus date that he began to preach to the public.

I think many of us heard experiences that someone somewheres was praying and a jw knocked on their door and tha was god's direction. But when we stop and think don't many of the other evangelical religions also give similar experiences? After all when you have a billion hours spend in serving wts you would thing there would be plenty of odd occurrances happening as more time you put in the chances of something occurring increase. More you drive the possibility of you getting in an accident also increase.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit