Are you guided by spirit?

by straightshooter 40 Replies latest jw friends

• AGuest
    AGuest
    It is prophesied that the 'Great and Dreadful Day' will be when Christ sends His angels out of His kingom to gather out of His kingdom
    all those who are not His and kill them; and that's in part what I was foreshadowing
    Did I feel God's hand guiding me on the twnety-fourth of July 1984 [date of murders]?' And then I remember very clearly, 'Yes,
    I was guided by the hand of God.' So I know I did the right thing.

A idiot and a liar. The spittin' image of HIS father... and god... the Devil, and so a manslayer... just like that one. Surely you SEE that... and aren't insinuating that he really was... "guided" by the TRUE God, the Most Holy One of Israel, JAH of Armies... or that those who ARE... would do something like this?

EVERYTHING we do is for the purpose of bringing GLORY to God. Where is the glory in an act such as this? True, my Lord did say that the time would come when "everyone that kills you will imagine he has rendered a sacred service to God." (John 16:2) And perhaps the "killer(s) of the Prophets"... and some Muslims fall into that category.

But THIS guy? First, he ain't no angel so his REASON for committing thise crimes is a lie. This is a man who is using people's naivete ABOUT God... to do his own will... and his father's.

C'mon, dear Parakeet... surely you know that, well, for example, just like all black people can't sing/dance, not all who profess to be led by Holy Spirit would engage in such heinous conduct. Personally, I have a hard time killing even spiders (have to take 'em outside and let 'em go... or have the husband do it. Now, ants... well, that's another story, entirely. BUT... I do ask their forgiveness... as I annihilate the heck out of 'em. Sorry, Lord...)

Anyway... peace to you!

SA, a slave of Christ, keepin' it really "real." Really.

• parakeet
    parakeet

AGuest: "This is a man who is using people's naivete ABOUT God....."

No, this guy was no poser. And he wasn't insane. He was a fundamentalist Mormon (Fundamentalist Latter Day Saints). All Mormons, fundamentalist or not, believe that God "revelates" to each believer individually. He truly believed he was doing God's will when he killed. There was no other motive for the crime. He and a small group of FLDS had "studied" the Bible and Book of Mormon for years. Their studies led them to the conclusion that the only way their brother could be saved was by getting rid of his "demonic" wife and child.

AGuest: "C'mon, dear Parakeet... surely you know that, well, for example, just like all black people can't sing/dance, not all who profess to be led by Holy Spirit would engage in such heinous conduct."

Certainly not all who profess to be led by the holy spirit commit crimes of this magnitude. But how are the rest of us supposed to differentiate people from every walk of life who claim they are guided by God? Killing children or saving spiders -- all this is supposed to come from God?

C'mon, Shelby. Surely you know that, given the range of behaviors supposedly resulting from the "holy spirit," there can be only two possibilities: (1) If God exists, he's one messed-up dude. (2) There is no God, and human beings who say they are guided by the holy spirit are suffering from a delusion.

Blessed be.

• AGuest
    AGuest

aguest, when you speak in tongues, doe's anyone understand what you are saying?

I do not have the gift of speaking in tongues, dear pjschipper (peace to you!). I am, however, by means of holy spirit, able to understand when others speak them. Whether "tongues" of men or that of angels. Blew me away, the first time it happened. Almost stopped my heart because I didn't expect it. Was with a group of people I did not know… but whom professed possession of holy spirit. One started to pray (which made me a bit uncomfortable since we're supposed to pray in private… and all of a sudden she started speaking in a language I would have sworn I didn't know - had never heard. I had just about decided I would tune out and NOT listen when I realized, "Wait a minute, I understand. I can "hear" what she's saying"! Oh… my… gawd. AND… I had to translate for the others there, who didn't understand. Weird… fascinating… and awesome (as in, "full of awe" at what the Spirit can do)… all at the same time.

My understanding has grown since then and I have learned (and even Paul wrote) that if there is no one who has the gift of interpreting, then the one who can speak in tongues should be silent - otherwise, he/she is just showing off (the gift is for the building up of the congregation and if no one understands what is being said, then no one gets built up... and so there's no point in using the gift).

Also, regardless of the "tongue" (i.e., of men or of angels), if the speaker lacks love... they should also be quiet. Otherwise, they are profaning the gift. It is the same with my gifts - if I have something "against" someone, I need to get over it and quickly. I do that by asking for some fruit of the spirit (love, kindness, long-suffering)... or for my Lord to help me (which he almost always does by showing me how I have done the same thing to someone else!). Or if someone has something against me... I HAVE to go and at leasty TRY to make peace with them FIRST. Otherwise, I am "unclean" while attempting to "carry the utensils (instruments; tools)" of JAH... which are the "gifts" that He grants to His servants, through Christ.

this guy was no poser. And he wasn't insane. He was a fundamentalist Mormon (Fundamentalist Latter Day Saints). All Mormons, fundamentalist or not, believe that God "revelates" to each believer individually. He truly believed he was doing God's will when he killed. There was no other motive for the crime. He and a small group of FLDS had "studied" the Bible and Book of Mormon for years. Their studies led them to the conclusion that the only way their brother could be saved was by getting rid of his "demonic" wife and child.

Yikes, 'Keet (and peace to you, as well!). I guess I don't understand how ANYONE can truly KNOW the True God (which they would if they knew Christ)… and see any form of justification in something like this. Who did Christ kill to "save" anyone else? HE… gave HIS life. Sorry, 'Keet… I'm not sure I can buy it. If he really did believe he was doing God's will… and other fundamentalists of this ilk believe God WOULD revelate such a thing… there would/should be many more killings of this type. I mean, you can kinda understand it with Muslims (not what they do, but that they believe in what they're doing), as they are kinda WTBTS-ish in their "zeal" (i.e., everyone pretty much believes the same thing, or even if they don't, they'll go along and do it… to please "the faithful and discreet slave." Here, I think this guy used his "fundamentalist" weirdness… to justify his heinous act. But that's just me… and the Spirit has not corrected me, so I have to stick by my first impression of him.

Certainly not all who profess to be led by the holy spirit commit crimes of this magnitude. But how are the rest of us supposed to differentiate people from every walk of life who claim they are guided by God?

The easiest solution... is to ASK God (through His Son)… who WILL tell you. That is, IF you ask in all sincerity… and don't doubt the answer you receive… or that you even received one. Which is what most people do ("Well, I heard "something… in me?... I mean, I dunno… I'm not really sure… I mean, I didn't really "hear" it, I think ''cause no one else did, but it seemed like 'something… well, 'said'… ummmm… 'something'… but I (1) ignored it, (2) dismissed it, (3) thought it was myself, (4) thought it was demons, or (5) didn't really hear anything at all.") You know what I mean…

Killing children or saving spiders -- all this is supposed to come from God?

Killing children, certainly not. Absolutely not. Saving spiders… well, that's not necessarily from God. At least, it's not directly (meaning, from His Son). I mean, I've never been told "Don't kill spiders, child." That's just me… having respect for life, regardless of its form. Because I've learned to respect life even more since coming to know the Most Holy One of Israel, because I've learned that it is VERY precious to Him. A thing of great "beauty" (I know, I know… the OT doesn't give that impression. Praise JAH, His Son came, as he said, "to bear witness… to the TRUTH"… about the Most Holy One of Israel. Wanna know how God thinks, acts, etc.? LOOK AT CHRIST. He is God's IMAGE… and EXACT representation. Who did HE kill? Don't belief the "hype" of the "false stylus" of the secretaries, dear 'Keet. As my Lord is recorded to have said, "WOE to you… SCRIBES!"). But since I've come to look at life differently… and realize that ALL living things want to do just that… LIVE… I now hesitate when ending a life, even that of an ant (though I have to admit, for them I hesitate just over a nanosecond!). It is still a "soul" and has a spirit… a "life force… very tiny though it may be.

C'mon, Shelby . Surely you know that, given the range of behaviors supposedly resulting from the "holy spirit," there can be only two possibilities: (1) If God exists, he's one messed-up dude. (2) There is no God, and human beings who say they are guided by the holy spirit are suffering from a delusion.

Ummmm… not quite. There is the TRUTH: that God does exist, that He isn't messed up at all but we are, that our Adversary, Satan, has made that very claim, and that God is standing out of the way and allowing US to prove Satan wrong… rather than stepping in and leaving the question of our individual integrity unanswered.

Would I rather God step in? Given what life often brings, I can understand where someone might say, "Yes, who in their right mind wouldn't," right? To that, I say, one who KNOWS God… not knows OF God… not has KNOWLEDGE OF God… but who literally KNOWS Him… His personality, HIS hopes, HIS loyalty, HIS love. Such a one would say, NO. Like any child who is in a loving relationship with a parent, such one… and I am such a one… would rather He stand back and let ME respond to Satan… as to ME… and prove my integrity.

The Most Holy One of Israel says that those who belong to Him will love and serve Him… no matter what. Satan, however, has challenged each and every one of us. HE says we are, all of us, weak… and selfish, animalistic, unkind, unloving, and will do ANYTHING to save our flesh… and its desires. Even curse God… and follow him… and die. I say… he's a liar. Through Christ, I am learning to live my life as a testament to that.

Does that mean I can't/won't sin, as many religions teach we aren't supposed to? Good Lordy, no! I am still residing in flesh… with its blood… which is FULL of sin… and at enmity with my SPIRIT. So, like with everyone else, there are times when my SPIRIT is willing… but my flesh is weak. But the challenge wasn't that we wouldn't SIN (when we do, we have a "helper" for that, Christ) - the challenge was that:

SO LONG AS GOD SHOWS US FAVOR, SO LONG AS HE KEEPS A "HEDGE" AROUND US SO THAT NOTHING CAUSES US HARM OR GRIEF OR SORROW… SO LONG AS HE KEEPS US FROM ANY KIND OF PAIN, OR GRIEF, OR SORROW, OR TEST, OR TRIAL, OR TRIBULATION… WE WILL LOVE AND SERVE HIM. BUT…IF HE WERE TO TAKE AWAY THE "HEDGE"… AND OPENLY EXPOSE US… SO THAT THE WAY BECOMES OPEN FOR SOMEONE (HIM, SATAN, OF COURSE) TO BRING SUCH SORROW, TESTS, TRIALS, OR TRIBULATION UPON US… WE WOULD NOT ONLY CEASE LOVING AND SERVING HIM (GOD)… BUT WOULDCURSE HIM TO HIS VERY FACE.

And the saddest part is that MOST of mankind… and particularly those who claim to "belong" to God through Christ… have proven Satan to be truthful in relation to them. (For those who would protest, I give the subject of this interchange, as well as… let's see… the Conquest, the Inquisition, various wars that such ones participate in, the rampant child abuse/molestation, the treatment of women, etc., etc., etc.)

Praise JAH, however, there has ALWAYS been a remnant… always… a very SMALL (as in, less than, what is it now, 12 million?) group… who have proved Satan to be the LIAR… at least, in their individual cases. And that is what was prophesied.

And so, I am trying to learn to live my life as one of those of that very small group. And it ain't always easy. But I have no choice: I love the Most Holy One of Israel, JAH of Armies… NOT because of what He gives me… or does for me. I love HIM… because HE… loved ME… FIRST… and PROVED that… by sending his Son… to die for me. Living my life as a testament to my love… which I do by OBEYING the Spirit when he tells me to share what he gives me… is the least I can do.

May JAH also bless YOU, dear 'Keet… and peace to you!

YOUR servant and a slave of Christ,

SA

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

I walk daily by the spirit of Christ. It is alive and teaches me, rather than imperfect man.

I know today that I don't have all the answers and I'm okay with that. There are things that I know 100% have been revealed to me by spirit.

• AGuest
    AGuest
    I walk daily by the spirit of Christ. It is alive and teaches me, rather than imperfect man."

Amen... and amen, dear LouBelle. When you get a chance, and if you care to, please check out Acts 19:2.

May the undeserved kindness and mercy of my God and Father, teh MOST Holy One of Israel, the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, whose name is JAH... of Armies... and the love and peace of His Son and Christ, my Lord, JAHESHUA MISCHAJAH... be upon you... and your entire household... to time indefinite. May He grant you His spirit, through Christ... so that your teaching becomes complete and you not be needing ANY to teach you... but that One... who will lead you... into ALL truth.

I am your servant, and fellow slave of Christ,

SA

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hi PJS,

Great passage :)

I wanted to respond to this. I do so in love and be careful to make sure there is no "snapping" and "tearing to pieces" you have mentioned. I reserve that for the WT, but more on that shortly.

I don't have to hear a voice from Jesus, he uses mental guidence. Opening up a better understanding of his word written in scripture. He has used messages in dreams, he did that in the past, and he does that today. I have had dreams that have been quite useful in helping me personally. But unlike false prophets that he warned would occur, they go beyond what is written, and make other writings that do not harmonize with the scriptures. (dreams) This is not public knowledge among the JW's.

That is because the WT teach against the significance of dreams and hearing from God in them Can Dreams Foretell the Future?

The WT teaches contrary to what the bible clearly says. God spoke to people throughout history in dreams and since the Holy Spirit came in Acts 2 He says this

Acts 2:17 (New International Version)

17 " 'In the last days, God says,
    I will pour out my Spirit on all people.
    Your sons and daughters will prophesy,
    your young men will see visions,
    your old men will dream dreams.

The WT also teach contrary to what you described about the Holy Spirit, the Spirit of Jesus. They want you to ignore the voice of the Holy Spirit and instead follow them and their teaching. To this end they do not want JWs to study the bible on their own or talk with the Holy Spirit. They deny His person, His ability to speak, His feelings and His will.

Ignore the WT and listen to the Holy Spirit, they are diametrically opposed John 14:26 1 Corinthians 2:14

The Holy Spirit testifies about Jesus, not the WT.

Those who have had such dreams keep them to themselves, for fear of being examined and some would say theses dreams are from the wrong source. The scriptures make it very clear that we need to pray for holy spirit, and it would be a voice (thoughts) this is the way you should go, this is the way you should walk (conduct our lives).

I think I made myself clear?

Amen!

The WT also teach against being born again but Jesus is clear, it is essential

John 3 (English Standard Version)

You Must Be Born Again
    1 Now there was a man of the Pharisees named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews. 2 This man came to Jesus by night and said to him, "Rabbi, we know that you are a teacher come from God, for no one can do these signs that you do unless God is with him." 3 Jesus answered him, "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God." 4 Nicodemus said to him, "How can a man be born when he is old? Can he enter a second time into his mother’s womb and be born?" 5 Jesus answered, "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God. 6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. 7 Do not marvel that I said to you, 'You must be born again.' 8 The wind blows where it wishes, and you hear its sound, but you do not know where it comes from or where it goes. So it is with everyone who is born of the Spirit." Either one is born again, alive in spirit and will see the kingdom of God and enter it or one is spiritually dead and on the outside of God's kingdom. There is no "third option" here. That is another lie from the WT. Anyhow, I want to apologise as you are likely feel persecuted here. I am not against you, I am against the false teachings of the WT. Others here are hurting because of the false teachings of the WT. All the best, Stephen
  • LouBelle
    LouBelle

Thank you AGuest. When i found out about that holy spirit, I embraced it and still do.

• parakeet
    parakeet

AGuest: Which is what most people do ("Well, I heard "something… in me?'… but I (1) ignored it, (2) dismissed it, (3) thought it was myself, (4) thought it was demons, or (5) didn't really hear anything at all.") You know what I mean…

No, I really don't know what you mean.

I now hesitate when ending a life, even that of an ant (though I have to admit, for them I hesitate just over a nanosecond!).

I carry spiders out of the house, too, Shelby. I try to spare ants by removing every source of food and keeping the house as clean as I can -- it sometimes works and they go away on their own.

I do venerate all life, even "ugly" and "unpopular" life. That's about as close as I get to worshipping something.

And so, I am trying to learn to live my life as one of those of that very small group. And it ain't always easy. But I have no choice: I love the Most Holy One of Israel ... Living my life as a testament to my love… which I do by OBEYING the Spirit when he tells me to share what he gives me… is the least I can do.

Not an unworthy goal, AGuest. Peace to you, too.

'Keet

• AGuest
    AGuest
    No, I really don't know what you mean.

Okay. Though my comment indicated MOST people (and not all) do this... which I think you do understand. But...

I carry spiders out of the house, too, Shelby. I try to spare ants by removing every source of food and keeping the house as clean as I can -- it sometimes works and they go away on their own.

Unfortunately, dear 'Keet... my house apparently sits on a [major] ant hill. So that whenever the weather is going to change drastically, they come forth. On occasion, they swarm (which is why I have such a hard time "loving" them - LOL!). I could have an exterminator come out and annihilate the entire colony (well, okay, that part that's under MY house - can't do much about the neighbor's though...), but I've kind just been taking out the "troops" vs. the whole army. You know? I mean, they can't help it - they're just doing what ants do! But I can't just let 'em take over, either. You know? Oh, and BTW (and I know you weren't insinuating otherwise, but just for the record... my house is clean! Well, okay, it's clean TODAY - LOLOL!)

I do venerate all life, even "ugly" and "unpopular" life. That's about as close as I get to worshipping something.

You include the "ugly" and "unpopular." I include the "ugly," the "unpopular," the "unclean,"... and the "unseen [with the eyes of flesh with it's own blood]." To each his/her own, dear one - live... and let [all] live. You know?

The GREATEST of love... and peace... to you!

Your servant and a slave of Christ,

SA

And so, I am trying to learn to live my life as one of those of that very small group. And it ain't always easy. But I have no choice: I love the Most Holy One of Israel ... Living my life as a testament to my love… which I do by OBEYING the Spirit when he tells me to share what he gives me… is the least I can do.

Not an unworthy goal, AGuest. Peace to you, too.

'Keet

• myelaine
    myelaine

dear CoCo...

"I'm starting over after 50 years."

My bible tells me that my Heavenly Father loves your continued attentive response...:)

love michelle

xo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit