Chicago? Rio? Madrid?

by VIII 44 Replies latest social current

• VIII
    VIII

Where would you like to see the 2016 Olympics?

• milola
    milola

You forgot tokyo but I am hoping for chicago expecting rio

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

Madrid

• jeeprube
    jeeprube

If I were an Olympic athlete my vote would be for Rio, or anywhere but Chicago. As an American I'd hope for Chicago.

Rio has beautiful beaches and women in string bikinis. Chicago has a dirty lake and fat people munching on sausages. Easy choice.

• Saoirse
    Saoirse

Anywhere but Chicago!

• VIII
    VIII

Chicago has a dirty lake and fat people munching on sausages. Easy choice.

The lake is clean. We get our drinking water from it. We may be growing things Darwin didn't intend, however, we still will drink it. And then there is alway beer.

And sausages? Those are for Milwaukee.

Here it's Vienna Hot Dogs. Those are NOT sausauges.

Or Italian Beef. Or Pizza. Chicago Style. Deep Dish.

I vote for Chicago. In case you didn't pick up on that.

• VIII
    VIII

What do you all have against Chicago? Have you ever been to the Windy City?

It is beautiful. It has culture. Al Capone. And his tomb. Ask Geraldo.

• Saoirse
    Saoirse

My biggest problem with Chicago is that this will cost the US taxpayers $4 billion. At best, they could hope to make $100 million. That doesn't seem worth the risk to me. Atlanta & Calgary both lost money. Why would Chicago be any different? In this economy, who is actually going to buy tickets & travel to Chicago? The US already has economic problems and is severely in debt. We don't need to waste more money on what is essentially a scam on the taxpayers. Look into Obama's best buddy Valerie Jarrett & what companies she is involved in. Then look and see who the companies are that have bids in to build the Olympic Village. Do you think Obama would be flying to Copenhagen if his friend (and possibly he himself) didn't stand to make money off of this?

I admit Vienna hotdogs are the bomb though. It's worth the trip just to get one of those.

• VIII
    VIII

But, Mayor Daley has assured Chicagoans that it will not cost them anything. (I live in the suburbs--full disclosure-- )

Could he be lying? Not King Daley!!

Seriously, I know it will cost the city, the suburbs, etc.

I am torn. I think it will make the city a nightmare to go into during 2016. It already is now with traffic. OTOH, I would hate to see Chicago passed over when they are in the running and are so close.

Chicago is an incredible city. Everyone who visits says so. People who have never been here are amazed at how beautiful it is and how much it has to offer once they get here. (Besides the hot dogs)

• VIII
    VIII

No one thought they would be eliminated in the first round. No one.

Shock and awe.

This is a big blow to Obama. I am not an Obama cheerleader, however, I wanted him to go and was happy he did what he did for Chi-Town.

I am sad.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit