I'm new, let me introduce myself

by no lies please 57 Replies latest jw friends

• no more kool aid
    no more kool aid

NLP, welcome. It's been about a year and a half for my family. We were 3rd generation and just stopped abruptly. Our whole extended family is "in". I feel as though the weight of the world has been lifted off of me and I am told it shows. I hope the same for you. It is amazing what a year can do. Embrace your family("worldly"), I have found them to be quite forgiving. Good luck.

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

Hi NLP

glad you made it

ql

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Welcome to JWN. There's a lot to grieve when you realize all of the promises were false. But once you get through that, there's glorious freedom to act, behave, believe and think the way you want. Many of us have had to grieve not only the false promises but the loss of family, as well. Believe me, it's all good when you finally come out the other side. Good luck, and God speed!

• ninja
    ninja

NLP.......ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

• asilentone
    asilentone

Welcome to the board! We are looking forward to see alot more of your posts.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I wish you peace in this difficult time. Welcome to the forum, the healing place for this sort of thing.

Jeff

• Lease
    Lease

Welcome NLP,

Many of us can understand what you are going through. And, as you will see in your own time, that this is a positive change. Your world will look brighter as you start making plans that focus on living.

lease

• no lies please
    no lies please

Thanks everyone for your very encouraging words. It means a lot to know that I'm not in this alone, and that many of you have had similar experiences. It assures me that the future is bright. I just have to get through each of the difficult stages. I'll likely post more later as things move forward.

Wobble - Great point. An unofficial exit I think is what I prefer, which would still allow some access to friends. It depends on how hard the elders push as to whether I will submit my official exit letter that I wrote many months ago in case I needed it.

Open mind - It's just me, no wife and kids.

NLP

• cantleave
    cantleave

NLP - welcome. I hope it goes well for you, I wish I was in the position of having no family in, it must be an advantage in this situation. Look forward to more of your posts / comments.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Welcome to the forum NLP.

I'm pleased to hear you are one of those lucky few with all of your family on the outside. If I was in that position I would announce my DA from the platform at my next talk.

Make new friends and enjoy the rest of your life.

Cheers

Chris

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit