I'm new, let me introduce myself

by no lies please 57 Replies latest jw friends

• Heaven
    Heaven

NLP... welcome! The feelings you are going through are completely natural and normal. You will probably feel anger at some point because you have been lied to. And you will probably have a lot more questions. We all understand what you are going through and how you feel.

I suggest that once you are ready, begin looking at your life with a new outlook. Start to think about what you want out of life and what you wish to do with it. Since you have been in a cult for many years with the belief that the end of the world was just around the corner, you may not have done a lot of 'life planning'. I personally relate to Stephen Covey's books "The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People" and "First Things First". Life is for living... I hope you can look forward to one that is fun and enjoyable, instead of being filled with doom and gloom. Welcome to Your Life!

• sacolton
    sacolton

Welcome, NLP ... you are among friends here. I hope you'll stay and share you experiences and help others.

• Tea drinker
    Tea drinker

Welcome NLP.

Like you, I lurked here for months and have only started posting fairly recently. I also am in the process of fading but people are beginning to ask questions about my now complete absence from meetings. I admit that it is sometimes difficult to bite one's tongue when questioned, especially when they come out with "you know it's the 'truth.'" Hopefully you will be able to handle matters in a way that yield the best results for you. The fact that you have a lot of non-Witness family is a blessing.

I hope things work out for the best for you and I hope that you continue to post here or even just read. Perhaps you will agree with me when I say that I find that this board is great therapy and a good place to come to in order to clear one's head.

All the best.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Hi "no lies please".

Your family will be there to support you and carry you through. On here you have so many that have been where you are now. Yes, it's sickening, a bit nerve wracking - your whole life is going to change.

Strength to you friend and may you soon breathe in the glorious air of FREEDOM. Nothing smells better.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Welcome NLP.

Very brave what you are doing. They are esp sensitive if you have specialized attention and training like MTS.... Glad to hear your family isn't in that sickness.

Please keep us informed as to how you are doing. It helps to be around people who understand.

Wishing you the best....

• sacolton
    sacolton

When you are out of the organization, you'll really understand what Jesus meant when he said:

“Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you, and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart; and you shall find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy, and My load is light.”

Yes, come find rest in Jesus!

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

no lies please, welcome and happy to 'meet' you. I look forward to you experiences (as you feel comfortable). We have a few with similar backgrounds.

• undercover
    undercover

Welcome, NLP

If you've been lurking, you'll know that there are several ex-elders and ex-Bethelites and MTS grads here who have gone through exactly what you're going through. They can offer the best advice through their experiences.

I was only ever an MS, lucky huh? All of us understand the feelings of learning that the "truth" is anything but, but not all of us know exactly what it's like to be an elder and coming to an awakening. I think it takes great courage for someone in such a responsible and public position to leave, whether by fade or official DAing.

You're among friends here. C'mon in and relax...

• diamondiiz
    diamondiiz

Welcome, haveing non witness family is a HUGE asset as you haven't lost anyone that matters and who needs fake friends anyways that will side with strangers than those they've known for a long time.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

a very warm welcome friend, this forum needs more chaps like yourself. A great name as well, many of us are used to the lies of the WTS.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit