I'm new, let me introduce myself

by no lies please 57 Replies latest jw friends

• no lies please
    no lies please

I've been lurking here for many months. I served as an elder for many years, and regular pioneer for much longer until recently. I'm also a MTS grad and was used extensively on the circuit and district level. I know that the organization's claims to be directed by God are false. I relinquished these responsibilities because my conscience would not allow me to continue faking it. I thought that somehow I could gradually fade away. However, due to a recent turn of events, I may end up making an official exit. I kind of have a sick feeling in my stomach right now because I wasn't planning to leave right now. But the elders seem to have picked up on my mindset. They want to meet. I don't plan to. I'm not angry or bitter. I am disappointed and hurt. I feel like I'm grieving. All of my family are non-witnesses. I've spoken to them about what I'm going through. They are very supportive. Much of what I read here has already helped prepare me for this. However, any additional encouragement will help.

Much love and thanks to you all

NLP

• The Scotsman
    The Scotsman

Welcome to the board. Well - I can relate to your situation very much. I went through a similar experience (as many here have). But we survived, it was not easy, but we came out the other side better people - and you will to. May God bless you.

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

Welcome ,it is frightening at first but the freedom and relief is well worth it ,be strong . You have an advantage if most of your family is non -witness they will be a good support system . Be prepared that you will go through a grieving process ,but having this forum for feed back and support is a huge help .

Have peace ,and I wish you the best .

• Saoirse
    Saoirse

Welcome! I can't imagine how difficult it must have been to serve as an elder knowing that everything was a lie. I commend you for following your conscience and stepping down. I don't think any of us has an easy time leaving. It can be a very long & bumpy road. But I can tell you now that I am far happier now than I ever was as a JW. I'm glad to hear that you have non-JW family. With their support, I'm sure you will come out of this just fine.

• fokyc
    fokyc

A very warm welcome 'no lies please', I hope your forum name will help!

The majority of people who actually lie to me are unfortunately serving elders!

fokyc

• yknot
    yknot

I am sorry they are hounding you.....

Sounds like you got much of it under control.

I guess you should start saying your goodbyes to any 'Friends' you might miss telling them you are disappointed and hurt.

Tell them you don't plan to meet with the Elders because you feel it is pointless, the disappointment/hurt is too great.

This way when they DF you, those who know you best have already heard you official exit story (disappointed/hurt)

....just my 2ยข

Try to keep active as you fully transition out of WTSworld into normalcy, perhaps consider continuing posting here to blow off steam and most of all be happy to be alive, informed, and FREE!

• Ultimate Reality
    Ultimate Reality

Welcome, you are not alone!

• Quandry
    Quandry

Welcome, no lies please.

I like your name. I too would rather have truth. Real truth. Not someone's version of it.

You said: I am disappointed and hurt. I feel like I'm grieving.

I wanted it all to be true. Of course, as I began to examine the history of the JWs, and learned sooooo many things they wish to keep hidden, I felt that disappointment and hurt.

I felt the grieving for about two years. It was awful. I am happy to report, though, that now, I no longer grieve, and even have found some humor in the years I spent as a JW.

Stay with us and expect a range of emotion as all comes into play.

Just one thing-be prepared for your meeting with the elders if you go-read many of the threads here first. They may try to accuse you of "secret sins" or some such thing. And of course, realize they are not going to allow you to fully address your concerns.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Welcomw Mate from Australia good you have "worldly" family to support you, know how it feels so hang in there!

• penny2
    penny2

Another welcome from Australia! Lucky your family are non-JWs - you have a whole new life awaiting. Look forward to hearing more from you.

penny

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit