I Don't Have to Be "RIGHT" Anymore.

by OnTheWayOut 28 Replies latest jw friends

• caliber
    caliber

You're so right ... ... just joking ...".socratic irony "( hope I'm right about this term I hate being wrong!) he he he ....LOL

Be as you wish to seem.” ~Socrates

• trebor
    trebor

Practically, the same boat as John and Jeff. Good stuff.

-Trebor

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Apparently, I was "right" to start this thread. Even if I wasn't, that's okay.

• cantleave
    cantleave

OTWO - Excellent! I am aligning myself to your mode of thinking.........Fancy starting your own cult?

• Out at Last!
    Out at Last!

I often find myself questioning everything. Since coming out 18 months ago, I sometimes fall back into the thinking of the cult. Does anyone know how long it takes to rid your mind of 28 years of JW indoctrination? I do now believe as many has already stated, if there is a god, he needs to stand up and make himself / herself known and revise his book into an understandable, forthright document?

• cantleave
    cantleave

Out at last, Does anyone know how long it takes to rid your mind of 28 years of JW indoctrination?

I wish I knew the answer to that as well......................I have to combat 42 years of the brainwashing.

• Farkel
    Farkel

:This rant was brought to you by the Invisible Pink Unicorn.

My Invisible Purple Unicorn is more powerful than your Invisible Purple Unicorn.

nah nah nah nan NAH... nah!

Farkel

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers
    Does anyone know how long it takes to rid your mind of 28 years of JW indoctrination?

I was only in for about 7 years and have been out for almost 21, and I still find myself not thinking outside the box. But when I do start thinking that way or when someone tries to make me think of something in only one way, I start feeling claustrophobic. Maybe it never goes away. You just find ways to alert yourself to the fact that it is still there.

OTWO, good thread. I've come to the point where not only do I not have to be right, but I don't have to have an answer at all. It's actually okay not to be right and not to know on some things.

• flipper
    flipper

OTWO- Great thread and subject. I too consider myself atheist/ perhaps agnostic . I accept everybody's right to believe whatever they want - just as I exercise my right to believe what I believe. I don't know if there is a God - but I don't really worry about it. Don't lose sleep over it. Same as I don't worry if I live on after I die. I don't know, honestly, that's the truth. I joked with my wife and oldest son and told them, " If after I die and I go away somewhere consciously and I'm floating around in spirit form - I have your phone numbers and I'll give you guys a call and let you know I'm O.K. ! Deal ? " They just laughed.

My take on life now post-witness is I make the most out of very day of life , try to make it a little better world each day by finding happiness in helping others think free without mind control , enjoying my wife , enjoying the mountains where we live, giving love to family or friends who will accept it, JW or non-JW. What is real and what is right is that we each live our lives in a way that brings us happiness, fulfillment, and freedom of mind to ourselves and others

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit