November 15 2009 Watchtower (Study Edition) - Treasure Your Place in the Congregation...

by CrazyBlonde 31 Replies latest jw friends

• CrazyBlonde
    CrazyBlonde

Thought this one was quite creepy - the article to be studied January 11-17 "Treasure Your Place in the Congregation", page 13 para 5 reads (italics mine):

5. "The spirit that now operates in the sons of disobedience" is so widespread that it is like the air we breathe. (Eph. 2:2) That spirit can cause us to think that we do not need guidance from Jehovah's organization. Surely we do not want to be like Diotrephes, who would not 'receive anything from the apostle John with respect.' (3 John 9,10) We need to guard against developing a spirit of independence. By word or action, may we never challenge the channel of communication that Jehovah is using today. (Num 16:1-3) On the contrary, we should cherish our privilege to cooperate with the slave class. And should we not strive to be obedient and submission to those taking the lead in our local congrgation? - Read Hebrews 13:7,17.

Sorry can't scan as scanner is somewhere in the pile of stuff that is my house at the moment (renovations).

Reading stuff like this really gets me mad!

This particular study edition also has another two page shameless request for money entitled "Cheerful Giving from the Heart", with an 'accompanying box' setting out some ways - it takes up most of the two page spread.

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Barf..

• besty
    besty
    By word or action, may we never challenge the channel of communication that Jehovah is using today.

They missed an opportunity for thought control. Slippin up....

• BathroomServant1
    BathroomServant1

Hmm, so we're not supposed to question whether what we are being taught is true or not according to WT dogma.

2 Corinthians 13:5- Keep testing whether YOU are in the faith, keep proving what YOU yourselves are. Or do YOU not recognize that Jesus Christ is in union with YOU? (NWT)

• CrazyBlonde
    CrazyBlonde

oh my bad - "submission" is meant to be "submissive".

• BorgHater
    BorgHater

Yes this is creepy. But it shows the internet has got them rattled...there seems to be a lot of articles like this recently. Now i'm out of the cult this kind of blatant manipulation and mind control jumps off the page...still can't believe i didn't see it before.

BorgHater x

• cantleave
    cantleave

Now i'm out of the cult this kind of blatant manipulation and mind control jumps off the page...still can't believe i didn't see it before.

BorgHater I know exactly what you mean, I am so glad I did explore the internet and began to see the mind control for myself. Lets hope many more active dubs do the same and see the light.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

By word or action, may we never challenge the channel of communication that Jehovah is using today.

WOW! It's amazing how transparent this statement is.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Their dogma is nothing more then tic-tac-toe made from bullshit.

I hate to read this too. It amazes me that I never barfed when I read stuff like this before when I was still a borgbot.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse
    Yes this is creepy. But it shows the internet has got them rattled...there seems to be a lot of articles like this recently. Now i'm out of the cult this kind of blatant manipulation and mind control jumps off the page...still can't believe i didn't see it before.

Amazing isn't it? I agree there are more articles of this kind recently; they definitely feel the need to reinforce their authority.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit