November 15 2009 Watchtower (Study Edition) - Treasure Your Place in the Congregation...

by CrazyBlonde 31 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

CRAZYBLONDE- Great thread ! Thanks for sharing this. These guys at the head of WT land really are running scared the last year or two. " By word or action, may we never challenge the channel of communication that Jehovah is using today. " Wow is right. So then , EVEN IF THE FAITHFUL SLAVE IS WRONG ? Don't challenge them ? That appears to be the message. The witnesses are to just assume ANYTHING the GB says is straight from Jehovah, allegedly, so challenging them is challenging God. Pretty scary stuff - especially if the GB and leaders of the WT society go wack and tell everybody to jump off a cliff ! 7 million people will jump right with them . Definitely too much control from a notorious high control group. I fear for our JW relatives still in. Peace out, Mr.Flipper

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

I treasure my place :)

• Trevor Scott
    Trevor Scott

: I treasure my place

If that were true you wouldn't be here.

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

Yh...i love being around othe JW......and some who have chosen to leave, afterall i have friends also who have left,so why would here be any diff.

• Trevor Scott
    Trevor Scott

Is this the part where we pretend it's acceptable for a jw to socialize with ex-jws and apostates?

Don't get me wrong... I'm happy you're here. I just have issues with hypocrisy...

• zoiks
    zoiks

By word or action, may we never challenge the channel of communication that Jehovah is using today.

So, I can still challenge the WTS teachings, then...?

zoiks

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I view my place within the religion as I would view a pile of dog s***. Celibacy? Value Destroyer Training School? Ruining others' lives? Second Dark Ages? That is a "treasure"?

• teel
    teel

It's so amazing how the GB keeps drawing parallels with people who were undoubtedly directed by God. Moses and Korah are one of their favorites. They expect us to make a mental jump and accept them as directed by God, even though they make doctrinal mistakes. How many of the ten commandments were updated by Moses because of "new light"? And oh, if they do make mistakes they're suddenly "just human". But if I don't think independently how am I supposed to know that when I submit to their human laws, they aren't in fact against God's laws? Ultimately God could make me resposible for following men's teachings instead of God's teachings.

Oh, and there's a difference between "independent thinking" and "disrespectful". Funny how the bereans very rarely come up in WT literature, except when advising outsiders to check their faith. The bereans had respectful independent thinking, and they were commended for it.

• GromitSK
    GromitSK

Assuming of course Moses and Korah even existed I am not sure I would regard their guidance by God as undoubted. At least the Borg actually exist (regretably).

• nelly136
    nelly136

**we should cherish our privilege to cooperate with the slave class....now give us your damn money, two pages will tell you how!!!**

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit