Why do JW's pussyfoot around saying what Armegeddon really is?

by Sour Grapes 36 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• teel
    teel

DaCheech there was a story maybe in a literature? or in a public talk? that went like this: two sisters (tm) were witnessing in a nice residential area. After telling the reason of the visit at the intercom the house owner didn't let them in. So as the sisters proceeded going away, one mentioned to an other: I think I'll keep this house for myself. This was heard over the intercom, so the house owner rushed to the door: what, what? what do you mean? And as the story goes, they started a study with him, because he wanted to know how he can keep his beautiful house.

Now I don't know how much of this is true, but I find it strange - as Farkel put it right in his "Field Service Presentations That Tell the Truth", if I were in that situation I'd rather get my shotgun that to start a study with someone who's dreaming of moving into my house.

• Heaven
    Heaven

JWs have not done the detailed thought processes about the actual Armageddon event. They are looking beyond it... to what has been promised to them. They WANT that prize! They haven't even contemplated the actual events that will lead to said prize. Maybe it's time to start making all JWs truly think about what they are saying/preaching.

The next time my father says 'they're saying the end is close' I'm going to point out to him that this can't be true because there are a number of pregnant women at work who's unborn babies will die. " This just can't be!! Are you telling me Jehovah is going to kill unborn babies?!! "

I have a feeling I'll get the silence. Always the silence. He has never really, truly thought a lot of this clap-trap through.

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

witnesses want the prize and they don't care how many dead bodies they have to walk over to get it.

• 5thGeneration
    5thGeneration

OK my apologist is coming out. They're damned if they do, damned if they don't.

They have been criticized for years and years for scaring people with their gross images of Armageddon's destruction.

They are now obviously trying to tone it down a bit but are criticized for that anyway.

Hey, it's what they believe, how else are they supposed to present it?

5th (50% apostate, 50% apologist)

• blondie
    blondie

I've noticed that they talk about the destruction of wickedness or at best the wicked but never define who the wicked are.

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

One reason is the teaching method of always finding a common ground with the householder. A jw usually will try to never upset a householder by saying they are wicked for being part of Babylon the Great and at Armageddon the householder and the family will be destroyed.

The householder would never accept a Bible study if the jw told the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Control the language and you control the people.

I didn't really break free mentally until I stopped using the JW lingo. Now when speaking with Dub family I don't call it "the truth" and I call Armageddon, "when God comes to kill everyone who isn't a JW."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit