Did you get drunk/take drugs as a witness?

by wouldacouldashoulda 39 Replies latest jw friends

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Before leaving JWs: No to all three. After leaving JWs: No to all three.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

Drunk on occasion. Even tried smoking a couple of times. Tried pot a couple of times, when I was still attending, but no longer believed.

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

No... to all three... well... I did drink alcohol... mostly M D 20/20... and would get pretty buzzed. But not to the pass-out throw-up stage.

I've never seen the logic in it.

After exiting the JWs... I've drank alcohol... but again... not to the pass-out throw-up stage.

If my wife and I go out, and she wants to drink alcohol, I am okay with it - and don't drink. (Actually, I don't ever drink when I am out - and am the driver.)

Soooooo... I usually drink a shot of tequilla now and then... but not often.

I've never smoked... anything... and never done drugs. Just call me square.

BUT! I've been to a JW gathering where I've seen the JWs open a full ice chest and start popping tops... and start downing beers like there was no tomorrow. They also handed one (or two) to the congregation overseer... who accepted and started guzzling. I made growling noises to my then JW wifey... who started whimpering something about it being okay... or something. I was concerned about the folks getting drunk - and then driving home and having an accident - with their 6 to 10 yr old youngster in the car with them.

Regards,

Jim TX

• trueblue
    trueblue

Took a trip and never left the farm

When I was young my mother left me with some other people my mother thought were christians but were into drugs and alcohal, I got heavily involved and had a lot of worldly friends that were too. I left the state and came back and all my old friends were heavy into meth, and they all are either dead now or in prison.

I never believed that there would be a day that I could quit but I have. It has been about 10 years sense I quit.

If wantstoleave still wants to know what shotgun means it is when some one puts the left hand cigarette in their mouth backwards and blows the smoke into yours.

Been there done that just don't remember much

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

while a JW?

No way

• cantleave
    cantleave

I smoked as a kid before I got baptised. Tried pot when I was in late teens - first time was whilst watching Pink Floyd the wall Movie after finishing my "A" levels, a couple of weeks before getting baptised. Was regularly drunk in early 20's - Saturday mornings on the service with a serious hang over is not the best way to impress the Service Overseer. Was a good dub by mid 20's. I am writing this after coming back from the pub after an evening with friend who is still in but not particularly active. I think I am a little p*ssed.

• CrazyBlonde
    CrazyBlonde

hahaha I was your typical drunken teenager (as in throwing up and passing out) almost every weekend from age 17 to 19, then maybe once a month or so. still have my binge nights occasionally but the older I get the worse the hangovers get :(

smoking no, it's not something I could ever see myself doing.

• dissed
    dissed

I did some drinking, but never swallowed.

• asilentone
    asilentone

NEVER as a JW and ex JW.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Just want to mention I did try drugs after I left.

I'd rather eat chocolate

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit