has your life been "blessed" since leaving?

by tigeress 27 Replies latest jw friends

• tigeress
    tigeress

while in the org we are constantly told that if we just tow the line and behave that will we be blessed and everything we want will come to us. Personaly i havn't found that to be the case in the 30 years i spent trying to tow the line.

But now i've left wonderfull things are starting to happen in my life and i'm so very happy!

so i wondered, have you encountered more "blessings" or less since leaving?

• wantstoleave
    wantstoleave

Good topic! This is one of the things hampering me right now. I was always told the same thing. And, I must say, to some extent, I had alot of good things happen to me (especially when ex left)....that everyone always attributed to Jehovah. So much so that the past few days I've been on this board, I've been going back and forth in my mind with the 'what ifs'....such as blessings. If I were to leave, how would I cope? I would lose Jehovah's blessings. Then I have to ask myself, were they ever really there? Or, like with other human beings who have good things happen to them - was it just luck, or my own hard work or things just 'falling into place'. I know for certain that if I left, my parents would say 'but Jehovah has blessed you so much, don't abandon him'.

• tigeress
    tigeress

the JW idea is that never mind your own talent, hard work and ablities... everything that is good that comes from them, actualy comes from Jehovah. Now does that sound correct to you?

Another idea is that anything bad that happens does not come from Jehovah, it is your fault!

Don't know about you but those two ideas never added up for me...

• GromitSK
    GromitSK

No my life has been normal since leaving thankfully.

• wavvy
    wavvy

Definitely! I now make more money than I ever have before. I am healthier because so much stress has been erased from my life and the life I am living is one that I have chosen for myself and one that suits me. I am happier because I can choose friends based on whether I like them and whether we have things in common, not just on the basis of their religion. I am happier because my days are filled with doing things I enjoy. And I now have a husband who does not think he is my boss, but is prepared to live with me as an equal.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

I have lived a blessed life all my life, both as a JW and after I left. I has nothing to do with prayer, or special guidance, simply that I make sensible decisions (most of the time).

• Chalam
    Chalam

JWs are accursed, taking a false gospel from door to door.

Galatians 1:6-9 (English Standard Version)

No Other Gospel
    6 I am astonished that you are so quickly deserting him who called you in the grace of Christ and are turning to a different gospel— 7 not that there is another one, but there are some who trouble you and want to distort the gospel of Christ. 8 But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel contrary to the one we preached to you,let him be accursed. 9 As we have said before, so now I say again: If anyone is preaching to you a gospel contrary to the one you received, let him be accursed.

This is the biggest blessing there is

Galatians 3:13 (New International Version)

13 Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us, for it is written: "Cursed is everyone who is hung on a tree."

All the best,

Stephen

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

Whoa...back up a minute. You all all got blessings while in? I was told to expect perscussion while in and the rewards would come in the Paradise.

and I was told I was selfish to want what I wanted and to go after it now. And I was a terrible mother for taking my children out with me.

Whatever...I'm much happier now. My children...now adults with children of their own are happy, and their children are happy.

lisa

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

Don't necessarily believe in 'blessings,' but it's certainly been a lot better and much more honest. Real friends, decent income, more balanced worldview.

Not worried about an evil god about to come and destroy billions of people...

You know, the good stuff.

J

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Before becoming a witless: Bad.

While I was a witless: Even worse.

After I quit doing things to be a witless: Back to "bad".

Too bad Satan hasn't given me the things I needed and wanted like they were promising me would happen if I left--especially with the opposite sex. I take that as proof that that Almighty Lowlife Scumbag doesn't want me to fully enjoy my life, but is preparing against the day He is going to drag me back into the cancer (because that's what's at hand for Him) to use me up and throw me away. And no, I never felt "blessed" in any way, shape, or form while I was a witless.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit