IRAN-Deja vu all over again?

by JWdaughter 318 Replies latest social current

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Any of the rhetoric, demands, conciliation, etc., etc., remind you of anything? Wasn't this all how this war started in Iraq? (or the justification for it, anyway?)

• flipper
    flipper

I agree JW Daughter. It's too eeerily familiar. We should keep our noses out of other countries . Work on getting health care for us poor disadvantaged self employed American people

• beksbks
    beksbks

Actually, the whole thing is completely different. This is essentially about Israel.

• choosing life
    choosing life

Kinda scary. I don't think that oil is involved in this one. I also don't feel real comfortable with Iran having nuclear weapons.

Israel has to be itching to blow up the nuclear construction sites. Iran denies them the right to exist.

Iran has agreed to inspections of the new site. Maybe cooler heads will prevail.

• beksbks
    beksbks

Iran also maintains they have a right to use nuclear as energy. I can't disagree. But this appears to be about more than energy.

• The Almighty Homer
    The Almighty Homer

President of Iran Mahmoud Ahmadinejad recent comment on the Jewish Holocaust to be untrue shocked and alarmed many government officials around the world.

Kind of portrays his ignorance and insensitivity on such matters, perhaps a bit of his intellect too.

Now with this new information on a hidden undisclosed nuclear plant, it brings up the question on his governments honesty and forthrightness.

Perhaps strengthening ecomic sanctions now might lower his popularity even further within the country and the next election put him out of office.

I think he has enough common sense to realise that if were to attack Isreal the conscqensense would be dire for himself and his country.

This guy is unexpectedly stupid, kind of like what George W. Bush was like.

• choosing life
    choosing life

The president of Iran is not where the real power lies. It lies in the clerics who use the president as a puppet.

• beksbks
    beksbks

This is what happens when you allow church and state to mix

• llbh
    llbh

The President of Iran is far from stupid, he has his own agenda and an audience to panda to.

A Jewish friend of mine said he knew that there no weapons of mass destruction in Iraq, because if there were Israel would peremptorily take them out.

Iran knows full well if they ever had nuclear weapons and used them in a first strike,that they would be annihilated by Israel, and or the US.

What is also widely underreported is that Iran and The Taliban hate each other, one being Sunni and the other Shia.

David

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

May 2009: Nicholas Burns Testifies Before Senate Foreign Relations Committee on U.S. Policy Towards Iran

"Some continue to argue that the only way to halt Iran’s accelerating nuclear research effort is through American or Israeli air strikes. But, there is no convincing scenario where such use of military force would work effectively to end the Iranian nuclear program. Even worse, air strikes would undoubtedly lead Iran to hit back asymmetrically against us in Iraq, Afghanistan and the wider region, especially through its proxies, Hezbollah and Hamas. This reminds us of Churchill’s maxim that, once a war starts, it is impossible to know how it will end. An America that is already waging two difficult and bloody wars should be wary of unleashing a third. Choosing military power at this stage would surely be precipitous and unwise."

http://www.hks.harvard.edu/news-events/news/testimonies/nicholas-burns-testifies-on-iran

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit