JWs produce useless men

by wouldacouldashoulda 32 Replies latest jw friends

• wouldacouldashoulda
    wouldacouldashoulda

A non witness who had studied the JWs commented that the religion produce unmanly men. Do you agree with him?

w

• Lillith26
    Lillith26

Yep!..... I want a man that would fight, bleed and mame to protect me and his children- Not a wimp who turn the other cheek and run like little cry baby.............

• The Almighty Homer
    The Almighty Homer

I don't know about manliness but they surely are intellectually impotent, probably due to trying to emulate 2000 years social morals

from a primitive and ancient culture.......just a guess

• John Doe
    John Doe

That's more a product of the person than the religion. I knew plenty of jw's who were not afraid to fight. Went to school with them. Hell I've been in a few fights. It just wasn't discussed or glorified.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Personally, I don't agree with this. Of course, I am a man.

I think the cult tries to produce neutered men and defeated women.

Most men aren't going to waste their time being men and show it off when it is unappreciated. Which of course, means that if you are looking for a "man", then the best place to find them in the vicinity of JW's are the ones that leave or don't take any of their shit seriously.

• lancelink
  • TheClarinetist
    TheClarinetist

I'm not one to talk about this one. I can't fight, freak out in horror movies, love chick flicks, and cry at weddings and while watching Rent.

I seem to remember, however, that the WT$ dogma encourages men to be "in touch with their feminine side", specifically in the Greatest Man book in the chapter on Lazarus... but that my have just been a comment. Its been a LONG time.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I think to a great extent JW men are taught to conmform, to not reach out for things or status in the world. Then within the org they are taught to follow orders. There is no encouragement to be your own man. Only discouragement.

To be a successful JW male means total conformity and obedience. I don't see how JW males can rise above that unless they leave.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Unless they rebel a little bit, like most of us who have broken free, the WT tries to emasculate them.

• The Almighty Homer
    The Almighty Homer

JWs produce useless men........well they are submissive discrete slaves, what do you expect ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit