Jesus' Role as Mediator

by sd-7 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Chalam
    Chalam

There is one flock, one Shepherd (The Mediator), not two

John 10:16 (New International Version)

16 I have other sheep that are not of this sheep pen. I must bring them also. They too will listen to my voice, and there shall be one flock and one shepherd.

There is one vine, not two

John 15:5 (New International Version)

5 "I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.

As it is, we are "grafted in" to the original vine of God's people (the Jews) Romans 11, not the other way round.

There is one city where God will live with men (the New Jerusalem/the Holy Hill/Mount Zion/City of David) not two

Joel 2:32 (New International Version)

32 And everyone who calls
    on the name of the LORD will be saved;
    for on Mount Zion and in Jerusalem
    there will be deliverance,
    as the LORD has said,
    among the survivors
    whom the LORD calls.

Hebrews 12:22 (New International Version)

22 But you have come to Mount Zion, to the heavenly Jerusalem, the city of the living God. You have come to thousands upon thousands of angels in joyful assembly

Revelation 21:2-3 (New International Version)

2 I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband. 3 And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, "Now the dwelling of God is with men, and he will live with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God.

All the best,

Stephen

• wobble
    wobble

Thanks Stephen ,for posting the clear teaching of scripture, how on earth can Dubs twist and go against this ?

Love

Wobble

• Chalam
    Chalam

Thanks Stephen ,for posting the clear teaching of scripture, how on earth can Dubs twist and go against this ?

No problems, glad to be of service.

How can they go against this? Just sit in a kingdom hall week, read the WT publications and go out on field service, week in, week out.

1 Timothy 4

All the best,

Stephen

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Good reasoning. The WTS is trapped into saying Jesus is mediator for only the 144000 because they are under the new covenant and those under the new covenant go to heaven. Yet another reason the great crowd on earth teaching does not make sense.

At http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/mediator.php are some quotes that you can show your mother that clearly say Jesus is only mediator for the 144000.

• diamondiiz
    diamondiiz

I don't know how many witnesses know the teaching since I never did until just prior to my DA letter. I was shocked and appalled by that teaching. Why would all the witnesses pray in the name of Jesus if He wasn't their mediator, I guess GB didn't want to mention that in their reasoning. JC died for all but was mediator only between so called anointed??? Doesn't make sense at all. But than again nothing that originates with WTS leaders makes sense without twisting scriptures. Other sheep = great crowd is another strange one when one looks at it from the outside. Little flock = 144k? hmmm Glad to be out.

• garyneal
    garyneal

I remember when I first discovered that the Watchtower was teaching that Jesus was the mediator for the 144,000 only. I asked my wife if she thought Jesus was her mediator, she said yes. Her mother agrees. I told them no, not according to the Watchtower. It appears on page 10 of the Worldwide Security Under the Prince of Peace book. I told my wife about this book, the elder and his wife with whom she was studying under said that they never heard of it. Well, her mother had two copies of the book. All of a sudden, the elder remembers it.

So I posed the question, "How come you believe Jesus is your mediator and your mom believes it, and the elder beleives it, but the Watchtower teaches something different?" I had my wife read the 1989 Watchtower where a reader asked the question about it and they responded. After she read it, she literally made the "truth" her own and bought into it. "Oh I get it!" she exclaimed. "Just like Moses was the mediator for Israel, Jesus is the mediator for "spiritual Israel" the 144,000 and they mediate for us!" I guess it makes perfect sense for her to have men stand between her and God.

• mimimimi
    mimimimi

I told my mother about this as well, hoping it would open her eyes. She got all excited and said "it makes sense since the 144000 are the only ones in the new covenant". There's nothing like being blinded by a mind control cult.

• garyneal
    garyneal

Just as my pastor said, people who embrace error come under a spiritual blindness that only the Holy Spirit can remove.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep
    So I posed the question, "How come you believe Jesus is your mediator.........

You have to get them to paint themselves into a corner before you introduce them to the WTs teaching. Get them to prove it to you, and themselves, from the Bible, and get them to call any religion that preaches otherwise, false. It is really easy if they don't know their own teachings. Many of them don't. They, like me, were asleep in the pews when that was studied.

This is not the only teaching you can do this with. After getting a PDF of a study WT I managed to get my father to commit to a scriptural teaching, knowing that when he picked up his next lot of mags he was going to get one that taught the opposite. The old goat never said a word about it.

Cheers

Chris

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

I never thought about the 3 million vs the 144,000 angle.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit