A Smurf walked out of the Kingdom Hall

by Joshnaz 69 Replies latest jw friends

• Caedes
    Caedes

I did not see my youngest brother for over ten years due to being kicked out by my parents. When we got back in touch eventually He told me a story about me hanging him by his feet out of a window.

My brother is completely rational (he also was never a believer) and doesn't believe in anything supernatural, however over the years he had come to believe that I had held him by his feet out of a window. When we got back in touch he asked me if I remembered doing it, I pointed out that I was about twelve at the time and that I couldn't possibly have had the strength to hold him by his feet and then haul him back inside on my own. He was so convinced by his own 'memory' of the event that he wasn't able to look at what he was claiming rationally.

Once I pointed out that I would not have been physically capable of doing what he had remembered he was fascinated that he had managed to convince himself it was a real memory.

Perhaps in your mind you have conflated your own real memory of someone having a picture of a smurf with the fairy tale smurf story so popular in JWland.

• wantstoleave
    wantstoleave

Josh, I think the fear drummed into you about the Smurfs may have led you to think you saw one. I really doubt you did see one...that it was an overactive imagination from something you were taught to fear. For instance, I remember being that scared of Armageddon, that as a 3yr old, I would hear wind howl, and have all sorts of visions of things happening outside my bedroom window! I honestly thought they were real. Only as I got older did I realise I was just imagining it and just scared about something I didnt understand.

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

IF you really did see this - then this could be your explanation:

http://www.ted.com/talks/oliver_sacks_what_hallucination_reveals_about_our_minds.html

Cartoon hallucinations are actually among the most common.

• caliber
    caliber
    IF you really did see this - then this could be your explanation:

http://www.ted.com/talks/oliver_sacks_what_hallucination_reveals_about_our_minds.html
    Cartoon hallucinations are actually among the most common.

I believe the following is not quite off topic but related to some of the comments made in this thread

about ones attitude to anything considered supernatural or maybe hallucinational (maybe a new word ) he he !

I ask in all seriousness & sincerely what do you all think about is called "near death experience " ?

Are these events totally in the individuals confused or tricked mind of some sort ?

Do most here believe that nothing at all exists beyond the physical realm of this earth ?

I do wish sincerely to hear viewpoints about this ...not in a mocking vein but your true concept or understanding concerning this .

• caliber
    caliber

btt... would like to see farther discussion on this

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

One evening we could hear cars being tossed around,in the Kingdom Hall Parking lot..

We all recognised it was Godzilla..

Godzilla Masterprint

What we did`nt expect..Was Godzilla to be wearing a Thong..

It took months for JW`s in our congregation,to get over the site..

Of Godzilla in a Thong..

It`s happened at other Kingdom Halls!!

There are lots of Jehovah`s Witness`s..

With similar "Godzilla in the Kingdom Hall parking lot",storys!..

• bluecanary
    bluecanary

caliber, to me, afterlife experiences are one of those things that fall into the realm of harmless personal perception. In other words, if you believe you've had one, great, I won't try to disabuse you of that belief. I may even experience that myself someday. But until I do or see reliable evidence that it happens I am not inclined to believe in it.

• Mickey mouse
  • Joshnaz
    Joshnaz

LOL! You guys really make sense. Thanks for explaning things to me

• Fader812
    Fader812

I totally remember hearing this urban legend at the hall back in the 80's! LOL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit