A Smurf walked out of the Kingdom Hall

by Joshnaz 69 Replies latest jw friends

• poppers
    poppers

Kids that age have remarkable imaginations. Combine that with the story you heard earlier and voila! I once had my nephew at that age weave a very creative story about his imaginary friend, George. The more questions I asked the more elaborate the story it became; he was so wrapped up in his imagination he made it real to himself.

• Joshnaz
    Joshnaz

Ok has anyone ever had a demonized encouter?

I'm shure if they have anything can happen. People who claim they walked on ceilings and spoke in a diffrent language. Are you going to shoot that down too John Doe?

• John Doe
    John Doe
    I'm shure if they have anything can happen. People who claim they walked on ceilings and spoke in a diffrent language. Are you going to shoot that down too John Doe?

What are your criteria for determining a claim to be incredible?

• Joshnaz
    Joshnaz

Who's to say its not to those who it HAS happened too?

• Lillith26
    Lillith26

Say Ah Get some help man- You're Nuts

• John Doe
    John Doe
    Who's to say its not to those who it HAS happened too?

It has not happened to anyone. That is the point. You're beginning to babble like an idiot.

• Joshnaz
    Joshnaz

AGAIN! Has anyone had a demonized encounter?

• Joshnaz
    Joshnaz

OK I will erase it from my mind (making robot sounds) You are right it never happens (more robot sounds) whatever you say.

• brinjen
    brinjen

Does sitting through a Watchtower study count?

• bluecanary
    bluecanary
    Ok someone if not alot of people believed the story when it rumored around why not now.

JWs believed it. We are not JWs. We've developed much higher criteria for choosing what to believe.

Before you think I'm being cruel, let me try to say the same thing I say every time this subject comes up. You believe you had this experience. I was not there, I have no basis on which to question your experience. The thing about experiences is we each have our individual perceptions. So you not only had an experience, you had a perception of an experience. Again, I was not there, I cannot judge your perception.

The only thing I can say is that your interpretation of that event seems unlikely based on what I know to be fact. You are fully entitled to believe whatever you want on the subject. If you want to convince others to believe it, you will need more than anecdotal evidence. The following video explains why that is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPqerbz8KDc&feature=related

I also highly recommend you rent the movie Hoodwinked. It's a great movie that really demonstrates the issues inherent in individual perceptions.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit