Question about your spouse or ex

by bluecanary 39 Replies latest jw experiences

• knows better
    knows better

me = ubm, married to devout jw, two kids 1DFed, 1in. both college educated. im very proud of that. i never believed the crap. we don't talk aout it. thats the solution. not a great one, but its what happens. my wife is a smart, compassionate,wondeful woman. i love her more than anything. i am hopeful for a favorable outcome. cause otherwise i would have nothing to hold on to. and that just wont work. i do social stuff with the witnesses so thats not a problem, but if asked. (and i NEVER am). i would say how i feel. my wife understands that and it makes her nervous. sometime we can joke about our differences, not enough for me. i would love to have an open discussion, but i think she feels its like an attack. which it is (not aginst her, but she cant seperate. so.. there we are..

ohh and i love this place BTW

• sacolton
    sacolton

Simple really.

The organization does not instill love for the apostate spouse. If the husband leaves, he is still considered an "apostate" and no longer a spiritual head of the household. Why would anyone want to love someone who is labeled "enemy of God" and "Spawn of Satan"? My wife fell out of love with me after I left the organization and we divorced a short time later.

This so-called religion DESTROYS mixed-faith marriages.

• QuestioningEverything
    QuestioningEverything

My husband and me have both faded. He faded first and tried desperately to get me to see the light-that didn't work-it. I was a diehard and it caused many arguments between us. Some years I stumbled onto this site and the rest is history. I was able to show him some stuff about the organization that he didn't know(voting, UN, Blood policy) I totally cut the WTBS-ha ha WT BS( watchtower bullsh*t) out of my life. Life for us and our kids is so much better! Thank you JWD!!

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

My brother-in-law admitted to me that being a JW ( he isn't one yet) has many benefits for him (over my sister that is a JW), that whole authority thing is very appealing for some...

• ~Jen~
    ~Jen~

I was married at 20. Married for 7.5 years with 3 young kids. We've recently seperated this summer and are going through a divorce. I decided to leave the JW's and he never would.

I married the wrong person for what I thought were the right reasons when I was young. He loved Jehovah and would keep me on the "straight and narrow" even though he wasn't what I wanted and we had nothing in common.

• ~Jen~
    ~Jen~

I was married at 20. Married for 7.5 years with 3 young kids. We've recently seperated this summer and are going through a divorce. I decided to leave the JW's and he never would.

I married the wrong person for what I thought were the right reasons when I was young. He loved Jehovah and would keep me on the "straight and narrow" even though he wasn't what I wanted and we had nothing in common.

• bluecanary
    bluecanary

Best of luck to you Einstein and knows better.

Welcome to the forum, Jen Yes, we were told that all a marriage really needed was for both parties to be JWs. Not so much, eh?

• wobble
    wobble

My Wife and I were both born in to the cult,around 1950,we married in 1970,come December it will be 39 years.We left the cult together in Spring 2008. We both feel happy to be free.

We have had, and still have our problems,recently we were both out of work,at home together, we nearly killed each other several times !

love

Wobble

• yknot
    yknot

Albert Einstein....

Happy Day (Dec 26)

LOL we have the entire week in our JW realm.......

We also have 'Happy Day's' the day after most holidays......

Jen....Welcome, glad you have joined us!

• no more kool aid
    no more kool aid

We basically did a rapid tandem fade . We talk about issues on this forum and things that come up everyday, I don't know what I would do without him.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit