Why do you come to this site?

by sinis 37 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• etna
    etna

I like coming here, because, as someone said, its nice to know I'm not the only one that feels like this. I guess I've been broken-hearted by the things taught to me over many, many years, and finding out the hypocrisy(I guess I always knew it was there). I hope we can all help each other and not judge people and perhaps give and receive some advice. Thank you all.

Etna

• TheClarinetist
    TheClarinetist

I've come to this site to rid myself of the many JW demonds I have left, and maybe meet some new people along the way.

• SouthCentral
    SouthCentral

I like to hear of new changes within the organization. I also enjoy hearing personal stories of individuals struggles and hardships within and outside of the organization. I wonder how anyone intelligent can still be within the org.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

To slap Jehovah, and the Washtowel Babble and Crap Slaveholdery, in the face.

• wobble
    wobble

I come here because I am hopelessly addicted to the site,it provides so much support (that I no longer wear my truss !) healing,insight,news,friends,humour, (thanks all for the laughs,but especial thanks to Outlaw and his dog !) and it expands the mind (probably the waistline too, I ain't movin' when I'm on here)

But I think my main motive for a long time was to equip myself to help others out of the WT Borg,my family included.

When I first discussed my reasons for leaving with Dubs I was often thrown by their replies, to the extent of not having a good reply to them, thanks to all on this site I now can reason with them in a way that plants seeds in their minds.

One Bro. who came to "shepherd" me left saying "You know too much ! " he promised to come back with answers for me, he never has.

Love

Wobble

• Beachwalker
    Beachwalker

I come here because of what VIII said - my sons are still in and I need hope that they'll wise up one day.

I could say what AK-Jeff says, some days it's for me, some days it's for others, but no, it's for me.

I love this site, i was a lurker for ages. I found this site ages ago, when I typed in 607bc into google (it was a slow day). All the info I got was eye opening. I haven't been inside a kh since the 80s, and i've got rid of most negativity in my life, but it just eats me up that my kids, who I used to drag to the meetings went back.

Beachwalker

• Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice.
    Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice.

To offer comfort to the weak, the downtrodden and the spiritually weak. In my own peculiar way.

And also to keep up with what the jws/wts are currently doing. For whenever I have the urge to get in their face with a bit of contraversy. I like surprising them - most times I will look right through them as though they weren't there, and then other times I may just get right into their comfort zone.

Ah, they love me. Not.

Cheeses. The wholly holey holy one.

• Beachwalker
    Beachwalker

Sorry AllTimeJeff, not AK Jeff, I was on page 2, it's Monday (here, anyway) and it's been a tough day!!!

Beachwalker

• chickpea
    chickpea

the worst things that have happened
    to the life, the fabric of my immediate family,
    my children, are linked to the b0rg...

it is imperative to deconstruct the façade of
    the b0rg, to understand how it was i could be
    so deceived, so manipulated in order to go
    forward with healing.... there are several
    brilliant people on this forum whose intelligent
    insights assist me beyond measure along that
    healing path.....

the stories here.....
    oh, the humanity*

knowing of the cruel and hateful behaviour
    sanctioned by the b0rg and enforced by its
    minions and learning of the effects it has on
    the lives of ordinary people has convinced me
    beyond all doubt that "the Truth" TM is as
    far from being even remotely true as the
    sunrise is from the sunset....

it doesnt hurt that this site
    is a thorn in the side of TPTB....
    sorta the icing on the cake

*(a nod to the hindenburg
    announcer herbert morrison))

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

In the beginning....sounds like the opening statement of the bible. Anyway in the beginning it was because I was searching for information on the web regarding the Jws - I had just started questioning and wanted to make sense of it all. I found this site through freeminds.org. Logged on, had my say, questioned, shared my story of escaping the borg. This was a place and still is a place that people get straight a way what it means to have been in that faith.

No one else gets what it's like to live that life and then to be free of it as those that are on this site.

I left the site and then signed on after about a year and a half - not for any other reason than to see how things were panning out on here, etc and then I met one of my dearest friends. Someone I'm truly blessed to have in my life and can't wait to have you here!!!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit