All Gays Are Perverts

by Coded Logic 31 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

is there any evidence that men EVER 'become' homosexual due to 'nurturing'?

I think there is evidence that same-sex sexual abuse as a youngster can trigger same-sex attraction later in life. I'm not a professional or anything like that. I'm basing that on the circumstances of personal friends and some basic reading I have done on the subject. Whether that could be considered "nurturing" is another issue, but it definitely goes beyond "being born that way".

Doc

• cofty
    cofty

I'm a bit uncomfortable with the way people defend homosexuality by insisting it is entirely determined.

What would be wrong with two consenting adults of the same sex choosing to have a sexual relationship?

I am persuaded that there is a spectrum of factors including, genetic, development, environment and perhaps even choice.

Nobody has to justify their sexuality.

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

Cofty:

Wouldn't the fact that sexual attraction is basically a subconscious response kinda rule out "choice" in the matter in a similar way that the "you don't pick who you fall in love with" argument?

LRG

• cofty
    cofty

LRG - Fair comment.

I think I am leaning towards the opinion that there is a spectrum of sexuality from strongly homosexual at one end - determined by genes &/or embryonic development - to bisexual at the other end.

I think it is a myth to say that homosexuality is common in the animal kingdom. It is actually very rare. Bisexuality is very common. I think it is some breeds of sheep that display real homosexuality. A physical difference in brain architecture has been observed in those cases.

Like many things it is probably a mistake to see it as a black-and-white issue.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

Pan Paniscus otherwise known as Bonobo chimpanzees.

• Coded Logic
    Coded Logic
    What would be wrong with two consenting adults of the same sex choosing to have a sexual relationship?
    My feelings exactly.
  • DJS
    DJS
    Coded,

Some of this stuff I've said before. The LGBT issue wasn't a defining or primary reason I became sick of the Dark Lords. The Dark Lords were the primary reason I became sick of the Dark Lords. However, as I matured and observed the world around me (as a dub-elder), it was apparent to me that people don't tend to choose their sexual preferences. I also began to view what consenting adults do in private as none of anyone's business while still an el-dub. And even if someone isn't born that way, what difference does it make. Besides NONE. If god doesn't have anything better to do than police my privates, then she can kiss my ass. And spend her time in more honorable pursuits, such as end the wars, stop the genocides, the famines, the honor killings  . . . . .

But the LGBT issue was definitely one of the primary bricks in my J-dub/theist wall that I evaluated, analyzed and then removed and cast away. In addition to simple observation of the world around me, I recall the exact moment when I looked at my 2 beautiful, amazing, talented children, both of whom I have been crazy stupid close to since the moment they were born, and realized that I could/would never DF them from my life if either or both turned out to be LGBT. I was in the KH, looking at both of them, and realized what a surreal and hate filled world the cult I belonged to was.

Within a year or so I was out, along with my amazing children.
  • rebelfighter
    rebelfighter

DJS,

Excellent post

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

Child molesters invoke the same pathetic excuse when they say their craving for children is "innate."

The Org could have used any one of dozens of other analogies to try to make their point, but It's interesting to appreciate how they picked the most disturbing and despicable analogy they can think of. This is in no way an accident.

In reality why even try to offer the reasoning in this article. The bronze age fairy tale book already specifies that it's wrong, so why not leave it at that? Just say that the book says it's wrong and leave it at that.

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

My wife and I clean houses and have worked for gay couples over the years and enjoyed knowing them like anyone else, even as JWs. However, I knew Witnesses that would turn away jobs with gay couples. I always found that horrifying, but their reactions were ones of fear and it was so strange to me.

My last conversation with my dad before disassociating and subsequent shunning was him yelling at me for "loving the gays". It was a ridiculous, Bible thumping, bigoted and unreasonable diatribe directed at me because apparently years before I had mentioned things like genetics and how few of us choose our sexuality and therefore I " always took their side". He had harbored that for years.

JWs can be really over the top in their reactions. I'm glad to be away from them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit