What is the narrow gate?

by YoYoMama 24 Replies latest jw friends

• YoYoMama
    YoYoMama

Matthew 7:13-14
    “Go in through the narrow gate; because broad and spacious is the road leading off into destruction, and many are the ones going in through it; whereas narrow is the gate and cramped the road leading off into life, and few are the ones finding it."

• mike047
    mike047

My narrow gate is on the north side. The wide[broad] gate is to the west. There is another very little used gate to the south.

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

I have a narrow gate in my back yard. It is difficult to get my lawn mower in and out of it. Perhaps I can put in a bigger one and donate my old one to the Society.

"Hand me that whiskey, I need to consult the spirit."-J.F. Rutherford

Jeremy's Hate Mail Hall Of Fame.
    http://hometown.aol.com/onjehovahside/ and [email protected]

• Monica
    Monica

Why is it so hard for 'many' to find the 'narrow gate'? If I was God, I don't think I'd brag that 'many' wouldn't be able to find their way, thus resulting in their destruction. Are children amongst this 'many' crowd?

What would happen if 99.9% of the population converted to the JW faith? Would the road become wider? Does the road expand to accommodate a larger number? Or does He only WANT a small number to live?

• hillary_step
    hillary_step
    What is the narrow gate?

The gate that the majority C1st Jews did not walk through, but that the minority; Jesus followers did. What is the purpose of your question?

Here is one for you YYW. 'Broad and spacious, narrow and cramped', how would the C1st disciples have understood this statement?

HS

• puppylove
    puppylove

Speaking of gates, does anyone watch "Ground Force" on BBC? This is the show where the re-do someone's garden in 2 days - as a surprise. It's one of my favorites.

I watch this on Saturday mornings now instead of peddling mags for the corporation.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey Yo-yo,the narrow gate is the one you`ll never get your fat ass through.LOL..Ive been gone for a few days,did you miss me?LOL..Happy New year...OUTLAW

• Satanus
    Satanus

The narrow gate, through which only those who are in the new covenant are able to pass. You must be born again etc. Guess that leaves you outside gnashing your teeth, eh, yoyo??

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

Well, let's see....."Few are the ones finding it". Seems that the JWs constantly crow about how many members they have. I know of many other religious groups who have fewer members, and who also believe that they are on the "narrow" path.

Also odd that the WTBTS keeps getting more and more mainstream as time goes by. No longer are they "separate and apart from the world", but are rather joining in wherever they think it will benefit them....i.e. the UN fiasco. If their duplicitousness in this matter hadn't been spread all over the Net, they would STILL be in bed with the "Beast".

Yes, I'm sure that there are those on the "narrow path", but these people claim no specific church affiliation. They are, rather, those who are showing love and upholding the principles set forth in the Bible and in other religious books. I would say that someone like Mother Teresa was definitely headed through the narrow gate....and not because she was Catholic, but because she showed love and compassion.

• Introspection
    Introspection

I think I read somewhere where it's interpreted as the present moment in time..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit