Help needed - Surviving Armegeddon

by Iwonder17 47 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• carla
    carla

You cruise the obits to get your time in and you see nothing wrong with it? the is no reasoning with those who have no shame or common decency. I can tell you that non jw's who have received your hateful death brochures tell others of you and your leaders (mere men) disgusting and heartless acts when others are suffering grief and people do not think of jw's as godly but only as the disgusting cult it is. I guess I should thank you for being a better anti witness than any of us here ever could. Never thought of it that way before, you guys pass out your own anti witness literature!

Never mind, carry on. You pass out your anti witness to people who are vulnerable and in grief and I will keep passing out my anti witness literature warning people of the pedophile problem, extreme shunning, false prophecies, misquoting, hypocricy, Malawi/Mexico, UN, murder/suicides due to shunning, aluminum from satan, suicide on demand from the gb, how you must 'hate' all non jw's, destruction of families, unbiblical doctrines, re-definition of words such as 'lie', etc..etc..etc...

I always forget that jw's make the very best anti witnesses.

• The Almighty Homer
    The Almighty Homer

I always forget that jw's make the very best anti witnesses. ........ Good one

• Alwayshere
    Alwayshere

pjschipper said "Sometimes we have to call it what it is."

• Alwayshere
    Alwayshere

pjschipper said "Sometimes we have to call it what it is."

• bluecanary
    bluecanary
    Hey i didnt realise that actually the GB DIDNT say 1975 the end would come...nope, it was people reading into what had been said even though they said not to do that...tut tut foolosh people believed then when it didnt happen they fell away and blamed Jahs org....
    Hmmmmmmmm nice to have facts...

Yes, let's discuss some facts:

"WHAT about all this talk concerning the year 1975? Lively discussions, some based on speculation, have burst into flame during recent months among serious students of the Bible. Their interest has been kindled by the belief that 1975 will mark the end of 6,000 years of human history since Adam's creation. The nearness of such an important date indeed fires the imagination and presents unlimited possibilities for discussion.
    2 But wait! How do we know their calculations are correct? What basis is there for saying Adam was created nearly 5,993 years ago? Does the one Book that can be implicitly trusted for its truthful historical accuracy, namely, the Inspired Word of Jehovah, the Holy Bible, give support and credence to such a conclusion?
    35 One thing is absolutely certain, Bible chronology reinforced with fulfilled Bible prophecy shows that six thousand years of man's existence will soon be up, yes, within this generation! (Matt. 24:34) This is, therefore, no time to be indifferent and complacent. This is not the time to be toying with the words of Jesus that "concerning that day and hour nobody knows, neither the angels of the heavens nor the Son, but only the Father." (Matt. 24:36) To the contrary, it is a time when one should be keenly aware that the end of this system of things is rapidly coming to its violent end. Make no mistake, it is sufficient that the Father himself knows both the "day and hour"!
    36 Even if one cannot see beyond 1975, is this any reason to be less active? The apostles could not see even this far; they knew nothing about 1975. All they could see was a short time ahead in which to finish the work assigned to them."
    Watchtower 1968 August 15 p.494 Why Are You Looking Forward to 1975?

Or perhaps you'd like to hear the words right out of Fred Franz' mouth:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oaXbBVVoeEQ

Get your facts straight.

• Alwayshere
    Alwayshere

Call the WATCHTOWER what it is.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

PJ,

I am not sure how you can ask if the first generation christians, like Paul, who received the message directly from Christ and the HS, didn't have "all the message".

That boogles the mind...why woudl Jesus keep the truth from them? why would the HS keep the truth form them?

Jesus himself said to the apostles, "I speak in parables to the worl but to you I make clear the knowledge", I think that pretty well sums it up.

Anything that the WT says or does that is contradictory to scripture like making up dates for Jesus coming or saying the end is near, is wrong and its warned about in the NT by pretty much almost all the writers.

• blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit