Believers Eternal Security vs. Tribulation Salvation

by Perry 47 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Perry
    Perry

I found this interesting discussion on the topic of Eternal Security aka. "Once Saved Always Saved"

http://www.rightlydividing.net/understanding_tribulation_salvat.htm

Believers, what do ya think?

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Since I do not subscribe to OSAS, there is no contradiction between any salvation versus tribulation salvation. Also, anyone that thinks a particular translation is the only valid one already begins to undermine their credibility in my mind.

BTS

• Perry
    Perry

BTS,

Did you even read it. ?

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

I scanned it. It was very lengthy.

BTS

• Perry
    Perry

Well, I think its one of the fairest treatments of the issue I've found.

• moshe
    moshe

Well, Perry, it's all just religious theory, which is accepted as fact by many believers, but as heresy by other believers and as fiction by nonbelievers. I used to believe as Southern Baptists taught, but I decided to trust my own judgment many years ago.

• Perry
    Perry

Moshe,

I got the impression from one of your posts (can't remember which one) that you might be Jewish. I don't mean to pry but I was just curious if you were.

• JosephMalik
    JosephMalik

Perry,

Eternal Security vs. Tribulation Salvation is a myth. As Christians we all have a responsibility, like it or not. What the truth really is was stated by our Lord like this: Joh 15:10 If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father’s commandments, and abide in his love. It is that simple. For those that believe in Christ and do not do this even if our Lord personally selected them for salvation we have: Joh 6:70 Jesus answered them, Have not I chosen you twelve, and one of you is a devil? It is not enough that we chose Christ or even if Christ chooses us. What does matter is something like this: Re 2:10 Fear none of those things which thou shalt suffer: behold, the devil shall cast some of you into prison, that ye may be tried; and ye shall have tribulation ten days: be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life. It is that simple. Now what does being faithful mean or what does keeping "my commandments" that our Lord taught mean? Do we have to run all over the Bible or belong to some doctrinal club like the WT or this guy's site to figure it out?

Joseph

• bob1999
    bob1999

It is Christ Jesus that died, yea rather, that was raised from the dead, who is at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.

35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or anguish, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?

36 Even as it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; We were accounted as sheep for the slaughter.

37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.

38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers,

39 nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

• moshe
    moshe

Perry,

I converted to Judaism in 2001- my wife is Jewish. You have to believe in the one G-d of the Jewish people to convert and of course, no messiah named Jesus, but that was easy as I had given up that myth years before that. I was not required to believe in the supernatural miracles from the Hebrew Bible, either. I used to wonder how Jews could believe what they did, back when I was a Jesus follower. Now, I am like all Jews I know when it comes to Jesus and life after death. We are given this one life to use as best we can for our family and community. We are in reality and by our Jewish tradition promised nothing more after death. Any Rabbi can tell you that much. Paul Blizard a former JW and now a Southern baptist pastor was I thought a personal friend. After he found out I had converted to Judaism he got just plain nasty with me and he pretty much condmened me to the lake of fire. He wasn't interested in dialogue, just condemnation. Paul claims to love Jews and has made many trips to Israel to lead tours of Christian holy sites. I have never been asked in person by a Christain why I converted and I can tell the subject makes them uncomfortable. I wouldn't tell them anyway as every person must find his own path.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit