Help - am I on the fence??

by wantstoleave 45 Replies latest jw friends

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Faith is a middle ground between certain knowledge and unfounded hope.

Agreed Chalam... BlueCanary, that is lovely! Is that your own quote? I'll be quoting a blue canary, then...

• moshe
    moshe

The reality is that death happens to all people and is a consequence of being separated from God,

This is a Christian theory which has been established only by anecdotal evidence. Being separated from God isn't something that can be measured or proven. The scientific reasons for aging and death are likely at odds with most religious views. People deserve to see all options and decide what makes the most sense.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep
    But if it IS the truth, then I'm crapped on for even doubting it.

Bollocks. That is a basic doctrine of most high control groups. Mormons, Moonies, David Koresh, Jim Jones all teach/taught the same.

1 Thes 5:21 "Make sure of all things; hold fast to what is fine."

If you bury doubts without investigating them, have you made sure of all things?

Cheers

Chris

• janseyhull
    janseyhull

hey, wantstleave. this is a wonderful place to get all the bitterness of those who have left. If that appeals to you then stick with it.... otherwise come to those who have the real truth...the refreshing waters of truth....those others will just hate on us.....

Jansey

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

I am not bitter.

Would you like a flower Jansey?

• flipper
    flipper

WANTSTOLEAVE- Bluecanary mentioned reading " combatting Cult Mind Control " by Steve Hassan. That is a great book, however it doesn't mention Jehovah's Witnesses by name. His second book- " Releasing the Bonds- Empowering People to think For Themselves " DOES mention many instances involving Jehovah's Witnesses and he even tells of his experiences assisting Jehovah's Witnesses to exit the cult.

Yes- It is a mind control cult because you are NOT allowed to have any other access to information while inside the witnesses. You are instructed to ONLY research WT society magazines, books, and literature to get answers to your questions. So the world view is from a very tiny opinionated little square box which blurs your vision and ability to see the WHOLE picture of what is REALLY out there in the world - truthwise.

In answer to your question - I think you are on the fence but leaning towards the side of the fence which is non-witness which will help educate and open your mind to the reality of what many of us have discovered - that you and we ourselves are good people, no need for guilt or fear, life is good, people outside the Jehovah's Witnesses are good also and helpful ! Not the big , bad wolves that the JW's lead you to believe. We care for you unconditionally, remember ! So research and read the books many of us are recommending- you will feel much better after informing yourself- I guarantee it

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit