Help - am I on the fence??

by wantstoleave 45 Replies latest jw friends

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

From that experience, I would say you would be doing them a favour by taking them out.

They would no longer have the pain of 'losing' their son, wouldn't have to worry about 'losing' their daughter and they wouldn't be in danger of losing their time with their grandchildren.

Think about it.

Cheers

Chris

• wantstoleave
    wantstoleave

I dont think my mum is strong enough to call it quits. She'd be more of a 'fader' than anything else. But I will definitely think about it. Thanks Chris :)

• tigeress
    tigeress

wow are you sure that your mum and mine arn't sisters?

my mum can see all thats wrong with the borg, but she just won't leave, shes too scared and too indoctrinated. Its eats her up inside i can see, but it will never change

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Hi wantstoleave: We are given one life and whether you believe in a god or not are encouraged to make the most of it, to enjoy what this beautiful earth has on offer. If you want to look at the faith you are in now, do that with an open mind and read and research all of it. Do that with other faiths too - if you do choose to leave the JWs - it doesn't mean that you have to jump into another faith.

• wantstoleave
    wantstoleave

The notion of JWs having 'the truth' is what bothers me alot these days. How do we KNOW it is the truth? But if it IS the truth, then I'm crapped on for even doubting it. Oops! It's not like history where we can base knowledge on something solid. This religion requires alot of faith. But Im one of those types of people who needs evidence. Solid evidence. Not just a blind faith.

Then I get things running through my mind like rainbows; and the flood. And dinosaur bones being found, and did they die during the flood? So I keep weighing up faith with logic, trying to build fact. I am completely muddled. There are so many questions I have. Is it wrong of me not to trust in faith? Is there something wrong with me for not taking what I know and just plain ole believing it? Am I just not trusting in God enough?

• Chalam
    Chalam

WTL,

You are in a quandary because you can clearly see that being a JW is not "the truth" but you still have a desire to know God.

Here are some interesting biblical truths regarding "the truth".

John 8:31-37 (New International Version)

The Children of Abraham
    31 To the Jews who had believed him, Jesus said, "If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. 32 Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free." Do JWs hold to the teachings of Jesus? Are they really free or just slaves of the WT?

33 They answered him, "We are Abraham's descendants and have never been slaves of anyone. How can you say that we shall be set free?"

34 Jesus replied, "I tell you the truth, everyone who sins is a slave to sin.

Are JWs slaves to sin or are they actually freed from the power of it?

35 Now a slave has no permanent place in the family, but a son belongs to it forever. 36 So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed. 37 I know you are Abraham's descendants. Yet you are ready to kill me, because you have no room for my word.

Are JWs really sons of God or have the WT actually killed Jesus, claiming He never rose from the dead bodily but exists only in spirit as Michael in heaven?

You have three choices.

1. Return to the WT fold and ignore the gaping holes between the God of the bible and the god of the WT.

2. Leave the WT fold and regard everything to do with God to be wrong because the WT were wrong.

3. Leave the WT fold and regard everything the WT taught you to do with God to be wrong and let God teach you.

If you choose option 3, contrary to the WT teaching, the bible says, first and foremost you do not need the instruction of any man but God Himself.

John 14:26 (New International Version)

26 But the Counselor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you.

John 16:13 (New International Version)

13 But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come.

1 Corinthians 2:10 (New International Version)

10 but God has revealed it to us by his Spirit.
    The Spirit searches all things, even the deep things of God.

All the best,

Stephen

• wantstoleave
    wantstoleave

Thanks Stephen :) Option 3 sounds good :)

• bluecanary
    bluecanary
    Is it wrong of me not to trust in faith? Is there something wrong with me for not taking what I know and just plain ole believing it? Am I just not trusting in God enough?

If you're able to ask those questions, then you already know the answers to them. Good for you.

Hebrews 11:1 (HCSB): "Now faith is the reality of what is hoped for, the proof of what is not seen." Faith is a middle ground between certain knowledge and unfounded hope. If you have complete evidence, there is no need for faith because you already know. If you have no evidence (or scant evidence that could have alternate implications) you can't have faith because it must be based on something real.

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

Micah 7v7

romans 16v20.

• Chalam
    Chalam

BC,

Faith is a middle ground between certain knowledge and unfounded hope.

Awesome! A perfect definition

All the best,

Stephen

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit