When Was The Last Time You Read From The Bible?

by minimus 41 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I can't remember. I don't think about it . What a difference a few years make!

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Every morning I read the NT, this morning was the Gospel of John up until Jesus and his muchachos were leaving after the last supper.

I read the whole NT and when I reach the end I start over, its amazing that everytime I read it I pick up something new, or have a new question or get pissed off at something or have an "epithany" of sorts !
    LOL !

• blondie
    blondie

Every time I do my comments, read posts on JWN or other places.

• dissed
    dissed

The JW's have completely ruined the love I used to have for the Bible. Except for a verse or two at a Funeral service, that's it for me.

• babygirl75
    babygirl75

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Dissed,

Have you ever tried just picking up a bible and reading, take the Gospel of John for example or 1John ( Its shorter, lol) and just read from the first page to the last.

You may be surprised to find something that you may like.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Every day,Will again tonight at 10.00p.m. I am on 2nd Corith.10

• dissed
    dissed

PSacramento

Reading the Bilbe? You mean since I left 13 years ago, without the predudice of the WT? No

Let me expalin. As a JW I took the time to read it everyday, contemplatively. Loved it.

Since leaving, my heart has not been into it. Honestly, it would bring up too many bad thoughts. (like coming here everyday, lol)

Like I said before, its like the Eagle's song "Hotel California" 'You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave'

The JW's have scarred me and my wife pretty good.

• Mall Cop
    Mall Cop

Since I have read "The Bible Unearthed",archaeology' new vision of ancient Israel and the origin of its sacres texts. By Israel Finkelstein and Neil Asher Silberman.

Also "Who Wrote The Bible" Richard Elliott Friedman. And other similar books for and against the Bible.

Most important was when I received a response from Ray Franz concerning whether or not the Bible is inspired of God. I have not read it anymore.

Thats about five years. I don't intend to ever read it again.

I have read many versions of the Bible many times over the 33 years as a Watchtower slave.

Blueblades / mall cop

• Twitch
    Twitch

22 years ago

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit