Serving Jehovah Doesn't Take Much Effort

by God_Delusion 37 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• God_Delusion
    God_Delusion

When you where at the Demon Hall, did you ever get a talk about how easy it was to serve Jehovah?

I was having a conversation with a friend recently about this and I wrote down what is expected of a Jehovah's Witness;

• Go to 4 meeting per week. This includes getting ready twice a week for the meetings. if you've got kids, you've got to get them dressed and ready to. A good brother (or sister) goes and picks up one of the elderly brothers/sisters on his way to the meetings. Therefore, travelling to and from the Demon Hall is included also.
    • Preparation for 3 of the 4 meetings.
    • Going out on the ministry on the weekends, but it's also best if you can go out during the week to.
    • Reading the montly editions of the Watchtower and Awake!
    • Daily bible reading.
    • Family study.
    • Personal study.
    • Prayer.
    • Prepare to go to 1, 2 and 3 day assemblies. This involves the same sort of stepsas going to the meetings, but on a much larger scale.
    • Going to the Memorial.
    • Calling up brothers/sisters to arrange to go to the ministry.
    • Preparing yourself for your return visit(s).
    • Preparing yourself for your bible study.
    • Cleaning the Demon Hall
    • Shepherding Visits
    • Lunch with the Gay CO (our's is gay you see. Not that I have a problem with that, but I always thought Jehovah did).

Can anyone add other points?

You see, it's not easy at all.

FAJW

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

we had a similar talk by a C/O about the load being light blah blah blah, bullshit of course

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

Whenever someone tells me that I agree.

"You're right serving Jehovah doesn't require much, it's serving the Watchtower that's such a bitch."

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

But perhaps easier to some than just being themselves and taking the responsibility of their own life. Otherwise it wouldn't work.

• cantleave
    cantleave

You forgot preparing for and sitting on Judicial Committees, Sisters crying down the phone at you because they guilty about some minor "sin" they have committed, looking out for opportunities to snitch on your friends and of course all the additional cleaning, Ironing and personal care to make sure you and your House / car are fit to represent Jehovah.

It certainly IS hard work, stressful and tiring serving the Brooklyn publishing boys.

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

Serving Jah is very easy.......its the most kindest way tos erve someone...out of love

We love the meetings, love ministry too,family study :) Its such a simple way of life, even in this system its easy...and my heart is tingling just talking about it. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

When I fist started to study, the lady I studied with told me all witnesses volunteered, we were all the same.

We all had other jobs to support ourselves. These were people that IMO understood life as it really was!!!

Somehow that appealled to me, I was raised Catholic.

I suppose I was pretty naive in believing that.

If everyone else could step up to the plate and do it, so could I and I failed miserably because I could not do it all.

Well, the people in Brooklyn are not like the people they serve, their lifestyles are not the same.

The members work to support them being able to "serve Jehovah" in the manner they expect all to.

Of course they say it's great you do all you can, but really, it's never enough. As long as a persons validity

of their relationship is based on the outlines above, many will get discouraged, many good people will be discounted.

Many who's circumstances that allow them to have this kind of time will be looked at as spiritual giants, when in reality

they have nothing spiritual to really offer.

It's a terrible way of judging ones service to Jehovah.

• teel
    teel

Add caring for the elders (I mean the old people). Although this is in fact a loving and godly thing to do, it feels so artificial. Here the congregation elders have made a list of the old people who need special attention, and divided them to a couple of volunteers, so that they get visited every week once. I'm not sure, but I think they even count that time as field service. However this is all a facade, it's not what love and caring is really about.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

what would you AE if your husband was in a life/death scenario in which he needed a blood transfusion to save his precious life, and your decision meant his life rested on it? that's not what I call easy

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

AE, what does serving Jehovah have to do with meetings, service, and JW- related activities???

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit