Serving Jehovah Doesn't Take Much Effort

by God_Delusion 37 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Routine is very comforting for some and doing something "concrete" is, for many, the only way they feel they are "serving" the Lord.

Add to that the tally of hours and you can see, in a very anally retentive way, how much you are doing for your God.

Remember, God is a God of quantity NOT quality, according to the WT.

• isaacaustin
  • sir82
    sir82
    But perhaps easier to some than just being themselves and taking the responsibility of their own life. Otherwise it wouldn't work.

Exactly. For this reason the JW organization will (likely) never completely disappear. There will always be a subset of the population that has a near-pathological need for someone/something else to tell them what to do.

And if for some reason the JWs do disappear, there are dozens - hundreds? - of other organizations only too happy to fill the bill for those people.

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

JB my husband has made his own choice regarding the blood....he has his own blood card that he chose to carry with him and to sign.

Ive declined the blood already....that was before i was a witness.

• GapingMouth
    GapingMouth

I just so happen to be the friend God_Delusion refers to. Angel eyes, I disagree - it isn't easy. Even when I was a believer it wasn't easy. Have you never felt like staying at home would be so much easier than attending a meeting one night... Ever had a hard time on a door on the ministry? I can't believe you haven't. While some find it fulfilling to do all that, it actually is contrary to what they say - it actually IS burdensome, otherwise you haven't made any sacrifice at all and Jehovah wouldn't care you did it anyway. He likes our efforts (well I am atheist now but you get the point?) Fajw fjt ftgb and yes our CO is sooo gay and instead of being free to act on it, tries to hide it because JWs don't accept them... Poor guy.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

what about him? any further treatment might be asked to yourself, his blood card could have been destroyed, or would you rather sit there and watch him die slowly?

• God_Delusion
    God_Delusion

Oh my, is that you? Well, howdy partner!

Oh, and btw Angel Eyes, you remind me of myself 10 years ago. Look at me now...I'm free.

RAB

FAJW

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

"Take my yoke, for it is kindly and light." It wasn't kindly and light and this is one of the first things on my: Somethin' Ain't Right list.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Most JWs I know hate field service. Why would Jehovah require such a form of service in light of Jesus words that his yoke is kindly and light?

If this is a form of service many hate, how could the JW life be describes as easy? Is it easy on the kids having to be excluded from normal pleasures of life? On parent's having to exclude themselves from family on holidays or deciding to not let their kids get a certain type of treatment? On young adults having to choose between college, a career, or their image in the KH for not pioneering?

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Most JWs I know hate field service. Why would Jehovah require such a form of service in light of Jesus words that his yoke is kindly and light?

If this is a form of service many hate, how could the JW life be describes as easy? Is it easy on the kids having to be excluded from normal pleasures of life? On parent's having to exclude themselves from family on holidays or deciding to not let their kids get a certain type of treatment? On young adults having to choose between college, a career, or their image in the KH for not pioneering?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit