Who is your Spiritual Guide?

by Butterflyleia85 41 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Jesus told us that we are our own best spiritual guide. Satan told us that we are our own best spiritual guide.

I personally rely on science, along with my ability to find sources that differ from the Establishment and compare the two. And I have come to the conclusion that science is our only hope of resurrection--and that's only if they can get the FDA and other slimebags (and God) out of their way so they can do their jobs. And, the free market is what is going to solve our problems (again, only if the regulators and God are knocked out of the way).

Because of how simple the principles of morals are, I have found it totally unnecessary to rely on any Bible or Quran, or religion, as my spiritual guide.

First off, you must realize that the Bible and Jesus Christ are the Truth.

First off, you must realize that the bible is the word of man not god. It is a book written by man for the purpose of controlling other men/women as well as profitting from their fears/uncertainty. Secondly, you must realize that the god of the bible and jesus christ are as real as pink unicorns and flying elephants. Then you have a chance at living life as a rational human being.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

WTW,

Just to play "devils advocate" for a bit, what does science say about "survival of the fittest" and how does that relate to "taking care of your fellow man" ?

• Butterflyleia85
    Butterflyleia85

Thank you guys so much! I think of this when hear comments on the message board...

“Keep testing whether YOU are in the faith, keep proving what YOU yourselves are. Or do YOU not recognize that Jesus Christ is in union with YOU? Unless YOU are disapproved. 6 I truly hope YOU will come to know we are not disapproved.

7 Now we pray to God that YOU may do nothing wrong, not that we ourselves may appear approved, but that YOU may be doing what is fine, though we ourselves may appear disapproved. 8 For we can do nothing against the truth, but only for the truth. 9 We certainly rejoice whenever we are weak but YOU are powerful; and for this we are praying, YOUR being readjusted. 10 That is why I write these things while absent, that, when I am present, I may not act with severity according to the authority that the Lord gave me, to build up and not to tear down.

11 Finally, brothers, continue to rejoice, to be readjusted, to be comforted, to think in agreement, to live peaceably; and the God of love and of peace will be with YOU. 12 Greet one another with a holy kiss. 13 All the holy ones send YOU their greetings.” – (2 Corinthians 13:5-11)

WTWizard, the Bible has been my best guide and I know when I do right acording to the Bible I feel much better. You are like my fiance in a way that you have confidance in yourself the you feel you don't need the Bible. That's wonderful and I admire that but for ppl like me, we need the Bible to get through life. It's a goal, I set for myself (or should I say obligated with when I was born and raised) I want to live forever on paradise earth and live in peace with what I deal with now.

“I well know, O Jehovah, that to earthling man his way does not belong. It does not belong to man who is walking even to direct his step.” (Jeremiah 10:23) The ancient wise man Solomon recognized the danger of setting up personal standards for life independent of divine guidance. He wrote: “There exists a way that is upright before a man, but the ways of death are the end of it afterward.”—(Proverbs 14:12)

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

Hang in there hun.............Im holding onto you.....satan is going to be thumping me big time.....

• garyneal
    garyneal

I've hit my limit so this is my last post for the day.

I'm not here to thump the Bible to anyone, particularly those who are not interested. I am under the impression that Butterfly is interested in knowing what the Bible really teaches in contrast to what the Watchtower teaches. God gave us the freedom to make our own choices whether we choose to believe in Him, in something else, or in nothing altogether.

Christians are taught to love everyone, our brothers and sisters in Christ, people of the world, people with different beliefs, even our enemies. We are taught to do this unconditionally. Because we love others and do not want to see them die, we preach the Gospel as well. But if someone chooses not to receive it, we move on but we still love the person and pray for them (as we pray for all people regardless of their beliefs).

If we continue to follow these teachings then I feel like we are not just rational people, but we are also peculiar people in that we offer something better than what is found in the world. Unfortunately, these teachings get distorted by imperfect people (who tend to become zealous) or by people looking to maintain control over others. The Jehovah's Witnesses are particularly bad about this when it comes to their unchristian practices (shunning, blood doctrine) that was taught by the Watchtower but they are far from being the only group.

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

Me. All of you have the same guide, yourselves. You guide yourself to lean towards things spiritual, or things from the scientific point of view. The guide is each of us for each of us.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Ed McMahon

But now that he's gone, I feel a spiritual void.

Rub a Dub

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

> Who is your Spiritual Guide?

Elmo

• dinah
    dinah

Keith Richards.

First off, you must realize that the Bible and Jesus Christ are the Truth.

Ummm, no I don't.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit