Who is your Spiritual Guide?

by Butterflyleia85 41 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Butterflyleia85
    Butterflyleia85

Come, now, YOU who say: “Today or tomorrow we will journey to this city and will spend a year there, and we will engage in business and make profits,” whereas YOU do not know what YOUR life will be tomorrow. For YOU are a mist appearing for a little while and then disappearing. Instead, YOU ought to say: “If Jehovah wills, we shall live and also do this or that.” –James 4:13-15

"Happy are those conscious of their spiritual need."—Matthew 5:3.

I think when it comes down to it they are imperfect humans but that's all God can work with right??

So who holds the power to direct his servants if it isn't through "God's Organization"?

Continuing on with my other Topic I made on this board I continue a new decision "Who is your Spiritual Guide?"

After leaving the organization, I seem to find myself stuck. Is there a good lead then if not the organization? I want to make my own mind on personal consciences matters but I want the foundation and standards of the Bible guided by a group of ones (who are truly chosen like Jesus and the other prophets) encouraging for the hope of the future, ready to speak the truth, and apply all Scriptures of the Bible.

“There will be a period of time when they will not put up with the healthful teaching, but, in accord with their own desires, they will accumulate teachers for themselves to have their ears tickled; and they will turn their ears away from the truth, whereas they will be turned aside to false stories.”—2 Timothy 4:3, 4.

JESUS made it clear that some forms of worship are not acceptable to God. He spoke of “false prophets,” comparing them to a tree that produces worthless fruit and “gets cut down and thrown into the fire.” He also said: “Not everyone saying to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter into the kingdom of the heavens.”—Matthew 7:15-22.

God did not recognize acts of worship performed by hypocrites. He was not interested in their rituals and prayers. He told Israel: “Your festal seasons my soul has hated. To me they have become a burden; I have become tired of bearing them. And when you spread out your palms, I hide my eyes from you. Even though you make many prayers, I am not listening.”—Isaiah 1:14, 15.

So I guess I'm asking those who have exclaimed their peace, joy, freedom, etc. after Disfellowshipment or leaving Jehovah's Witnesses Organization. Where do you turn and after knowing what you been taught what holds your way of learning a good or ok method. After reviewing my past Topics I do have an Idea but this page I will just summarize it in more of an orderly fashion.

• bluecanary
    bluecanary

YOU are the best spiritual guide you could ever have. I know that sounds stupid in light of what you're saying--how could you possibly guide yourself when you don't know where you're going?

Let me give you an illustration: do you like to hike through the woods? (I do.) I get a map or follow a trail and enjoy my hike. But I wonder about who made the trail. At some point there was no trail, someone found their way through the woods and created the trail with no outside help. How did they do that? They learned how to navigate through the woods by themselves.

How does this apply? You want to know where to go on your spiritual journey, but there is no clearly defined path laid for you. But you can learn how to navigate yourself by cultivating your thinking abilities.

Blacksheep recommended a wonderful book called Teach Your Children to Think by Edward de Bono. I'm in the middle of reading it right now. Mr. de Bono has an abundance of books. You can check them out here. See if your library has any of them.

Once you train yourself how to use your thinking to its maximum potential, you'll be better able to evaluate ideas and choose the best spiritual path for you.

• garyneal
    garyneal

First off, you must realize that the Bible and Jesus Christ are the Truth. In fact, Jesus Christ is the Truth. So if you are looking for the Truth, look no further than Jesus Christ. Don't believe me, let's consider what the Bible says:

“Sanctify them by means of the truth; your word is truth.” —John 17:17, NWT

Does the word word refer to Jesus or the Bible? Consider the following:

“So the Word became flesh and resided among us, and we had a view of his glory, a glory such as belongs to an only-begotten son from a father.” —John 1:14, NWT

Compare the following:

"You search the Scriptures because you think that in them you have eternal life; it is these that testify about Me; and you are unwilling to come to Me so that you may have life." -- John 5:39-40

Is Jesus the only way to everlasting life? Consider the following?

“Simon Peter answered him: ‘Lord, whom shall we go away to? You have sayings of everlasting life.’ ” —John 6:68, NWT“Jesus said to him: I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. ” —John 14:6, NWT

Why do the Jehovah's Witnesses teach that you must come to the Organization for salvation? Many Jehovah's Witnesses upon discovering the truth about the society and coming to a realization that Christ alone is the source of our salvation find themselves in a similar situation illustrated in John chapter 9. It speaks of a blind mine who was healed on the Sabbath which angered the Jews. Because they did not want to believe that the healing was from God because it occurred on the Sabbath. Note how his parents handled being questioned (as if the parents and the man are on some Judiciary Committee) by the Jews in verses 19-22 and you will see that the parents did not want to answer for fear of being "disfellowshipped" from the synagogue. The blind man, however, did not relent on where his healing came from and in verse 34 he was "disfellowshipped." But read the rest of the chapter to see what happens next.

• believingxjw
    believingxjw

Jesus is my only spiritual guide.

• Chalam
    Chalam

I agree, the Holy Spirit is the only guide you need.

John 14 (New International Version)

Jesus Promises the Holy Spirit
    15 "If you love me, you will obey what I command. 16 And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Counselor to be with you forever— 17 the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you. 18 I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you. 19 Before long, the world will not see me anymore, but you will see me. Because I live, you also will live. 20 On that day you will realize that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you. 21 Whoever has my commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves me. He who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love him and show myself to him."

22 Then Judas (not Judas Iscariot) said, "But, Lord, why do you intend to show yourself to us and not to the world?"

23 Jesus replied, "If anyone loves me, he will obey my teaching. My Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him. 24 He who does not love me will not obey my teaching. These words you hear are not my own; they belong to the Father who sent me.

25 "All this I have spoken while still with you. 26 But the Counselor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you. 27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

All the best,

Stephen

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

You can put your trust in men or you can put your trust in God, who sends his HS through His Son Jesus.

The question is, who do we do that? how do we let Jesus guid us and hwo are we sure it is Jesus that is guiding us?

The only viable answer is...

• wobble
    wobble

I am with "Believingxjw " The Lord Jesus Christ is my guide in spiritual and mundane matters, I need follow no one else.

He is THE Way THE Truth and THE Life. There is nothing else of value.

Love

Wobble

• God_Delusion
    God_Delusion

Science and only science.

I used to believe in the guy in the sky, but then realised how stupid it was to believe in a genocidal maniac.

Read The God Delusion guys. You'll understand what I mean.

• believingxjw
    believingxjw

Science changes just as much as many claim the Bible does.

I put my faith in what Jesus taught and I also enjoy the sciences as well. Truth is not limited to one field, whether secular or religious truth is there to be found.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

I trust science in regards to scientific matters and things which have been proven scientifically, I leave spirituality to God.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit