Angel Eye needs an education on the identity and nature of Christ

by jonathan dough 115 Replies latest watchtower bible

• jonathan dough
    jonathan dough
    JD, I think you are talking to the hand

For some, yes, but not others, those interested in more than a kindergarden level of analysis. That is the answer. They can take it or leave it, but at least it is there for the serious-minded ones. How ironic that JWs will spend decades reading truck loads of so-called theological material, peddle it until they are blue in the face, thump the Insight book or reasoning book but when a few paragraphs appear challenging their theories look the other way.

Pure hypocracy.

• jonathan dough
    jonathan dough
    to agree to disagree.....im going for dinner now...yes your all say shes not answering blah blah but i am married and would like to spend sometime with my lovely hubby and have some dinner together......then tomorrow night is family study night.....

Is this a white flag? At least read some of what people are posting. You can't run from the truth.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

I agree JD , but when I was a dub debating the Trinity with Fundy B/A 's on the door for hours at a time , no one ever really won, the Dubs walk away thinking they've won, and same with the B/A and probably same with AE/Renaii, if there was a scripture the said" The Father , Son.and Holy Ghost are part of a divine trinity " they still wouldn't believe you, I admire your work , but feel it could be channelled on someone more deserving and appreciative.

• bigwilly
    bigwilly

So, if you all believe in roughly the same imaginary friend and look to the same book of mythology for your answers, why all the arguing?

• keyser soze
    keyser soze
    So, if you all believe in roughly the same imaginary friend and look to the same book of mythology for your answers, why all the arguing?

My thinking exactly, bigwilly.

• jonathan dough
    jonathan dough
    I agree JD , but when I was a dub debating the Trinity with Fundy B/A 's on the door for hours at a time , no one ever really won, the Dubs walk away thinking they've won, and same with the B/A and probably same with AE/Renaii, if there was a scripture the said" The Father , Son.and Holy Ghost are part of a divine trinity " they still wouldn't believe you, I admire your work , but feel it could be channelled on someone more deserving and appreciative.

Thanks or the complement, but there are literally hundreds, possibly thousands out there who want to know more, some want out, but they can't because they are mentally boxed in by the Society's lawyers and arguments. And it is those people looking over our shoulders I'm also trying to reach, not just the posters. The remnant lurk for a reason. They just need answers and responses to the Insight Book, Reasoning book etc.. They need valid answers to combat the Society's answers. How many are there? Who knows? Even one would make it worthwhile. I don't think anyone can paint such a broad generalizaiton of an organization of that size. These posts are being read and thought about. I can guarantee that.

We're reaching out for the remnant, but not the lazy ones.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Maybe it's for self reassurance. A person who is truly comfortable with their beliefs doesn't require the agreement or approval of others, and has nothing to prove to anyone.

W

• Trevor Scott
    Trevor Scott

: even Trev..who dont think likes me

Now that's not necessarily true. If you're not Renaii, then I like you just fine.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Another loving Christian debate, by Christians, for Christians. (BCFC)

This entire debate is one very large reason why I came to reject Christianity. Because clearly, in the very ambiguous (and often contradictory) book that is the bible, differing sides with their differing opinions belittle one another in a self righteous attempt to prove that their version of Christ is what is accepted.

I did the same thing as a JW. Been there, bought the T-shirt.

JD, produce your polaroids of the great almighty trinity. Ditto the monotheistic crowd.

Both sides are relying on the same old scrolls, copied and recopied, translated and re-translated. This was the best god could do to alleviate the confusion?

Ok, go back to your pretend argument about the nature of your invisible, not present, god.

And don't forget that for all the certainty you seem to be displaying, it insults the other 6 out of 7 on this planet who see things differently. But don't let that stop anyone here from feeling so certain (and arrogantly so I might add in some cases) that Christ is part of a trinity, or isn't.

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

^ THIS.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit