I wonder if the BORG is doing that bad financially???

by cognac 23 Replies latest jw friends

• cognac
    cognac

I mean, they had FOUR new books released at the last DC... If they were doing that bad, would they have that many new releases???

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I didn't even keep track of what the four releases were, I don't remember it being "four."
    But anyway, someone remind us what they are.

You will see that they are not releasing some books that will be greatly given away across the world.
    They released stuff like a new song book for the members. That's a limited edition, the members' contributions at the convention alone should pay for the new books. Anything received from the congregations afterward is a bonus. I think most of this years releases are similar.

• undercover
    undercover

Create new products and force the sales reps to all buy samples to push in their sales territories. It's a quick fix to bolster sales numbers during a down year.

• journey-on
    journey-on

You're sneaky, Cognac. And, I hear you're back at the meetings, too! You're right. If they were doing that bad, surely they wouldn't have released four brand new books. I'll bet you've already read them all, haven't you? Tell us the good, the bad, and the ugly about them.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Actually, they need to keep producing litteratrash to have something to sell. If they didn't have releases, contributions would drop off even more.

They've gotten about as cheap as they can on publications. They have to cut other expenses and sell assets now.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

The WBT$ is a Multi-Billion Dollar organization..

The WBT$ has many Financial Interests..

The WBT$ and I both,own stock in the Rand Cam Engine Corp..

The WBT$ and I are both Invested in WAR!!

War is profitable..War makes Money..

The WBT$ and I like Money..

Religion is simply another Business for the WBT$..

We Are Not Worthy We Are Not Worthy

Another way to make Money..

• blondie
    blondie

The thing to remember is that having a $2,000,000 home but no cash flow to pay utilities, upkeep, taxes, etc., means that I would have to take out loans to pay those things. Eventually, I would run out of money and the house would be taken back. The WTS may have property and some cash flow, but I don't think it is covering their monthly costs and it is getting worse every year. I can see them selling more and more property and cutting back on regular expenses.

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

creation dvd. Booklet on apostle paul and brochure "the bible what is its message"

• civicsi00
    civicsi00

There's no way to know for sure how bad they're doing. Judging from all the changes they've made in recent years, I'm sure it was due to the 1990 donation change.

Now with the recent economic climate getting worse, they're gonna have to find other ways to generate some cash. And religion ain't it.

• blondie
    blondie

My husband laughed thinking that jws donate in response to publications. As an accounts servant for many years and still doing accounts as an elder, very few donated, 4 or 5 families. The donations went down dramatically when there was no longer a direct connection between contributions and publications in 1990 in the US and eventually worldwide in 2000. The amount of money donated to the worldwide work never reflected the publications ordered by jws. Letters were sent to the BOE saying that enough was not being given.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit