texas rancher and senior citizen speaks about health care bill

by John Doe 47 Replies latest jw friends

• snowbird
    snowbird
    Believe me don't listen to the crap the republicans tell...It's the best thing! and doesn't anyone have the right on healthtreatment?

That is exactly how I feel!

Unfortunately, many others don't.

We had this discussion at work this morning; I let it be known that I would gladly pay more so that even "uninvited guests" in this country could receive medical care.

End of discussion.

Sylvia

• beksbks
  • beksbks
  • John Doe
    John Doe

Beks, you said a mouthful.

• beksbks
    beksbks

One more time!!

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Patrick Leahy introduced a bill on Thursday that would eliminate a half-century-old antitrust exemption for health insurance and medical malpractice insurance companies.

The bill would repeal an exemption granted in 1945 and make health insurance and malpractice insurance companies subject to antitrust laws that forbid price fixing, bid rigging, and dividing markets between them.

Leahy, who has previously introduced the same legislation, said he did so again at least partially because of concern about rising costs.

"In the markets for health insurance and medical malpractice insurance, patients and doctors are paying the price, as costs continue to increase at an alarming rate. Insurers should not object to being subject to the same antitrust laws as everyone else," said Leahy, a Democrat from Vermont.

A report released on Tuesday found that U.S. workers who get health insurance for their families through their employers have seen their premiums more than double in the last decade.

The Kaiser Family Foundation said the average premium for a company-provided family health insurance plan rose from $5,791 in 1999 to $13,375, a 131 percent jump.

Separately, the Business Roundtable, an organization that represents large U.S. corporations, said per-employee health costs will jump to $28,530 in 2019 from $10,743 currently if nothing is done.

• beksbks
    beksbks

Finally.

Burn, not much competition when you are not subject to antitrust laws.

And here's that link. http://abcnews.go.com/Health/wireStory?id=8601984

By the way, does anyone know why there are certain copy pastes that disappear? I copied that into word to make it work.

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

Honestly, until our representatives put together a bill that is not influenced by special intrests, it will not be any good for us. Sadly, I don't think that is possible as our representatives are bought and paid for by special intrests.

I think our real issue is not passing a bill we can afford, it's getting our representatives out of so many beds and demanding that our media outlets tell the whole truth so that we can clearly identify who the puppetmasters are... if you know what I mean...

J

• beksbks
    beksbks

Sadly, I don't think that is possible as our representatives are bought and paid for by special intrests.

I think that depends on the representative.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit