texas rancher and senior citizen speaks about health care bill

by John Doe 47 Replies latest jw friends

• John Doe
    John Doe
    Ok, I was waiting for Six to answer your question, but I'll way in. Every single point he makes in the first five minutes, is either completely or slightly wrong. Look it up for yourself.

My question to six was if the man's quotes were wrong. If you're purporting to answer for six, why have you ignored the question?

Furthermore, as to your assertion that every point is wrong, I have personally seen the red herring and derrogatory remarks made regarding protestors. So, you've already demonstrated to my satisfaction that what you're saying is inaccurate.

• beksbks
    beksbks

I did answer the question, and for you to post this

Furthermore, as to your assertion that every point is wrong, I have personally seen the red herring and derrogatory remarks made regarding protestors. So, you've already demonstrated to my satisfaction that what you're saying is inaccurate.

tells me all I need to know about your sincerity in asking it.

• John Doe
    John Doe

I simply don't have time to read the bill, but here's what I did do. I looked up health care reform bills in the 111th Congress, and came up with H.R. 3200 (America's Affordable Health Choices Act of 2009) as the largest and most talked about. I also saw something on H. R. 1495 (Comprehensive Health Care Reform Act of 2009). I ran a search for "will be rationed" and "illegal" in H.R. 3200 and H.R. 1495 and came up with no results.

My conclusion is that one of three things are happening:

1. the bill he's quoting from is a draft that has been changed
    2. the bill he's quoting from is an obscure bill that is not being discussed/was not presented
    3. the quotes are not legitimate

Unfortunately, when he gives no bill number or name, it is impossible to determine what he's quoting from or if he's being legitimate without either speculation or extensive research. As such, I have concluded that his points about the bill itself are not valid.

• SixofNine
  • beksbks
    beksbks

I withdraw my comment on your sincerity Doe.

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

missinglink:

Haven't we heard enough from uneducated Texans?

journey-on:

"Uneducated" does not necessarily mean "dumb".

You're absolutely right. I retract my statement. I should have said "Haven't we heard enough from idiot Texans". George Bush did actually attend a good university, and therefore should qualify as "educated", unfortunately it just didn't "stick".

• John Doe
    John Doe
    You're absolutely right. I retract my statement. I should have said "Haven't we heard enough from idiot Texans". George Bush did actually attend a good university, and therefore should qualify as "educated", unfortunately it just didn't "stick".

It's trash like this that causes the left to lose credibility.

• snowbird
    snowbird

AGuest

Sylvia

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Interesting post at an econ blog today:

Many people have bandied about numbers suggesting that the market for health insurance is highly concentrated. Here is the President:

Consumers do better when there is choice and competition. Unfortunately, in 34 states, 75% of the insurance market is controlled by five or fewer companies. In Alabama, almost 90% is controlled by just one company....

But these statistics only include people insured by "insurance companies" even though nationally just over half of all employees get their health insurance from a firm that self-insures. In other words, as John Lott points out, over half of the market for insurance is being left out of these concentration statistics.

Firms that self-insure typically outsource benefits management and claim administration to highly competitive third party administrators. Since about half (it varies by state) of employees are insured by a self-insurer, concentration statistics needs to be cut roughly in off. Moreover, according to this paper (which is outdated although I wouldn't expect the basic finding to have changed) the populations served, the benefits paid and the premiums paid are about the same for firms that self-insure and firms that buy insurance from a health insurance company. Thus, the market for health insurance appears much more competitive than is often portrayed.

Still, opening up the market at a national level would help the situation.

BTS

• dutchstef
    dutchstef

In the netherlands we've got a social healthcaresystem, ans I can tell you it works!

All the republican talk about the costs and bad treatment and stuff is total BS!

This is how it works and this is the system Obama also wants to have in the USA.

I pay euro 110,- per month insurance. Poor people, who have a earn less than euro 25000,- a yaer get most of the costs back.

You get almost everything payed for. even hospitals and operations and medicine etc. You don't have to pay in advance, the doctor or hospital sends the bill to the insurance company.

If I go to the psychiatrist It only cost me euro 10,- per time the insurance pays the rest. dentist is payed for the most costs also.

Poor people, who have a earn less than euro 25000,- a yaer get most of the costs back for their monthly.

Believe me don't listen to the crap the republicans tell...It's the best thing! and doesn't anyone have the right on healthtreatment?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit