Looking for name of a show from when I was a kid: Marionettes flying around in a wooden rocket ship

by Elsewhere 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Gregor
    Gregor

Gee, "Vegetable Soup" was rather crudely made but I can see how it could grab the kids of that time. I don't think they are Marionettes, that is, string manipulated. They have one human hand at the shoulder and the out of sight hand is working the mouth and turning the head, etc. They look like thalidomide victims.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I loved "Vegetable Soup", it was one of my favorite kids show. Thanks for the memories.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

"Space Patrol" is one I remember, before Fireball XL5. Also "Jimmy Green and his Time Machine."

HB

• blondie
    blondie

Thunderbirds, a blast from my past. Fortunately it wasn't shown Saturday morning.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

I have to admit, I was addicted to that cartoon "Battle of the Planets", with the G-force thing and the ship that turned into a fiery phoenix.

I know it wasn't a marionette thing, but this thread just got me to thinking about that stuff.

Oh and the Battelship Yamato with the "wave motion gun", that was uber cool too !

LOL !

• RubaDub
    RubaDub
    David and Goliath? Old claymation.

LOL ... yea ... I remember that one.

That was so bad, even Beevis and Butthead made fun of that show.

I remember in one episode, Beevis said that show could not have been real since they never saw the dog actually poop.

He he, he he, he he he.

Rub a Dub

• Steve_C
    Steve_C

Hmm, I was born in '63 and grew up in L.A., but never heard of Vegetable Soup.

I remember one show where u would take your crayons and write on the screen.

Now that one I do remember. It was called Winky Dink & You. Here's some more info if you want to feel nostalgic: http://www.tvparty.com/requested2.html

• boyzone

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit