Looking for name of a show from when I was a kid: Marionettes flying around in a wooden rocket ship

by Elsewhere 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

The other day some friends and I were talking about shows we liked when we were kids. One show I absolutely loved when I was a kid, but cannot remember the name, was about some kids who would fly around in a tall wooden rocket ship.

The characters were all marionettes on strings and the ship looked like it was cobbled together will bits and pieces of scrap wood with a cone on the top.

I think it aired in the 1970's or 1980's

Anyone remember this?

• megs
    megs

The Thunderbirds

• Priest73
    Priest73

yup. that's the one.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Close but no cigar.

The show I'm thinking about had kids who were flying around in a wooden spaceship. The ship was made of scrap wood.

• nameless_one
    nameless_one

It was "Vegetable Soup"! The ship one was called the Outerscope.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRcNIqrZ6KI

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

That is creepy. W.Once

• megs
    megs

Huh, I never heard of Vegetable Soup... It is kinda creepy

• nameless_one
    nameless_one

It's funny, I knew exactly what he was talking about when I read the post. I loved that show too! I didn't remember it as being creepy at all, but yeah after watching that YouTube it definitely is lol.

• chickpea
    chickpea

back in the 60s it was Fireball XL5...
    steve zodiac and the crew

yes, i am that old

• Gregor
    Gregor

In the late 50's/early 60's Southern Calif. had three local stations that broadcast afternoon cartoon shows. Engineer Bill, Sheriff John and Captain Zoom. There was one station that would show an old Republic pictures western, like Roy Rogers. Could the Marionette show have been a local production in your area?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit