Elders Trash Face Book

by sammielee24 39 Replies latest jw friends

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

It is so weird that the WTS condemns the use of facebook and yet the elders use it. What a waste of time for these elders. They must not have any personal lives anymore.

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

A young man from my former congregation was recently DF'd and stopped by my house to talk . During our conversation he said there is a "brother" brown nose in the hall that spends his time looking up people in the hall (mostly younger ones ) on myspace and facebook . He reports back to his Elder friend any questionable comments or pics . It has gotten a few in hot water I guess . In that hall if you have a current myspace account you won't be qualified to aux.pioneer ! At least that's how it was before I left .

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

I have an account that I keep extrememly locked down, only friends can see that I even have an account. And I deliberatley misspelled my name, too, just in case. My friend list is small and if I add someone, but don't talk to them, I delete them. I also don't add people who have people on their freind list that I don't want to know I'm on there.

And of course, the obvious: Don't put anything on the Internet that you don't want the whole world to see!!!!!

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

I'm not surprised. Years ago a CO talked about scanning all the "JW dating" websites to see if there were any in his circuit on there. Then he and the local elders would confront any that they found. Some lied about being servants and pioneers in their bios.

• Girlie
    Girlie

I remember this being brought up at an assembly. The elder made mention of how they have a number of users' info from a network site and how some were sitting among the crowd. Everyone whispering and wondering who they were. Not surprised they're going that route.

• undercover
    undercover
    They waited until they had enough ammo on the 'friends' and then printed off some of the conversations being had....questioned the 'friends' who of course denied everything..and then they produced the printed copies to catch them in the lies.

Are they elders or the Gestapo?

I don't guess we should expect anything less from a cult though...

• Dagney
    Dagney

Bottom line to me, this is reflective of the corporation they serve.

Instead of concentrating on helping the young ones, youth camps/groups, they troll the popular websites to see if they can catch them doing a no-no. Helping the flock is completely outside the realm of possibility. What a useless bunch of leaders.

That is how it is set up from HQ...no "extra" effort to help couples or youth or anybody...just keep everybody in fear of expulsion in order to "keep the congregation clean."

POS religion.

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

How stupid... Facebook Nazi's!!! The Horror!!!

I hope that they so piss off the younger people in the congos that the flee en'mass...

J

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

Of course. It's only a amtter of time before its announced on the platform in no uncertain terms that "serious Christians" do not use Facebook, or some nonsense.

The Society can't stand it when individual witnesses gather on their own. Large parties-NO. Getting together to study Watchtower-NO. Online JW dating-NO. Myspace-NO.

• steve2
    steve2

Well, hello? Where have you been? It has been obvious for some time now that facebook is not exactly the most discreet of mediums for having a "private" chat.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit