WhiteHouse Website - Prepared Remarks of President Barack Obama

by jeanniebeanz 91 Replies latest social current

• Priest73
    Priest73

Much adu about nothing.

I think it's great that he's apppointing Bill Ayres to lead the Obama Youth Movement. He has a back ground in elementary education theory. Plus offers real life experience with practical skills.

• VIII
    VIII

His speech was fine. Actually, it was a very nice, conservative values speech that any Republican could have written.

Stay in school and take responsibility; *you* are responsible for your future and *you* are the future of America. No excuses.

Now, why hasn't someone said that before?

Oh, yeah, conservatives have been saying that. On talk radio.

• Priest73
    Priest73
    His speech was fine. Actually, it was a very nice, conservative values speech that any Republican could have written.
    Stay in school and take responsibility; *you* are responsible for your future and *you* are the future of America. No excuses.

So he lied to America's students?

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

As for my sense of humor I made it quite clear on the first page of this thread what my sense of humor is.

LMAO... Point taken!

I still want another joke, damn'it!

J

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

You're so demanding Woman! How about a Bushism?

"You know, one of the hardest parts of my job is to connect Iraq to the war on terror." --interview with CBS News' Katie Couric, Sept. 6, 2006

This is a good one:

"Do you have blacks, too?" --to Brazilian President Fernando Cardoso, Washington, D.C., Nov. 8, 2001

• villabolo
    villabolo

Jeanniebeanz, you're so demanding. Should I tell you the one about how Cheney put his Dick in George's Bush?

villabolo

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

No problema...

"I've abandoned free market principles to save the free market system." --George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., Dec. 16, 2008

Again, please read with a sense of humor... we're all humanz... Thank God, none of us have to live our lives with a tape-recorder in the room at all times...

Now... where's that joke?

J

EDITED: Oh, dear lord... be careful what you wish for. V, I'm gonna need to barf now...

• BurnTheShips
  • VIII
    VIII

From BTS link:

Lost in all the denouncing and investigating was the fact that Bush's speech itself, like Obama's today, was entirely unremarkable. "Block out the kids who think it's not cool to be smart," the president told students. "If someone goofs off today, are they cool? Are they still cool years from now, when they're stuck in a dead end job. Don't let peer pressure stand between you and your dreams."

Too bad it takes Presidential intervention for kids to hear this.

JWs have the GB telling parents to pull kids out to Pioneer and other kids, not in the Grand Cult, are not even bothering. Kids are dropping out at rates of 50% in some school districts.

Again, Obama's message, like GWB, is fine.

Too bad parents aren't telling kids this.

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

I'm sorry, BTS... those were rules made up for when Dems were not in power... now they are so the rules have changed.

lol... even Saturday Night Live made fun of this double standard... both sides do it. Whoever has the majority becomes the target, and both sides take turns whining about their turn as the pin cushion, claiming martyrdom and shouting to the media that such criticism is the result of (take your pick) radical left-wingers, radical right-wingers, sexism, fundamentalists, ignorance, etc... Although, insulting voters and calling them racists does seem to be a recent phenomenon...

J

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit