What do you do when you get a headache?

by asilentone 33 Replies latest jw friends

• asilentone
    asilentone

I get them from time to time. Do you take pain killers? I know that the pain killers are not the safest way to do it. I would welcome any sugggestions. Thanks!

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

Sex.

It releases endorphines, natural painkillers.

Enjoy!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Find someone to blame..

• megs
    megs

My friend gets frequent headaches, she rubs peppermint oil into her temples, says it helps... Also acupressure can be really helpful! Take a look on google under headache acupressure!

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

Slap the piss out of her.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Sometimes I put an icepack on my head and try to take a nap.

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

We often do not get enough water during the day, and coffee, tea and sodas act as a diuretic further dehydrating the body. This can cause headaches. If you can drink an eight to 16 ounce bottle/glass of water and then go lay down somewhere quiet and close your eyes for a while, headaches for this reason will go away in about 15 min. If you can't do this, or it is a tension headache, closing your eyes and doing some slow breathing can also help. Also try scalp or neck and shoulder massage. You can do it yourself or find a partner to help you and there are examples online that are easy to find. Our scalp and neck muscles can tense up due to stress/posture problems and cause restricted bloodflow which can cause a headache.

If it's migranes you are getting, or the flu coming on, you're probably stuck with medicine. When I get a whopper that won't respond to non-med approaches, Naproxen seems to work for me. But, be sure to take it with food since it can cause upset stomachs in some and is linked to some much more serious complications.

If you get them often, you'll want to see a doctor.

Hope this helps.

J

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

I agree with Jeannie. We are often dehydrated. Drinking a glass of water often dissapates my headaches even when I don't wash down painkillers with it.

And if a glass of water doesn't do it... proceed to PalmTree's excellent suggestion.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

If it's a mild tension headache I try to loosen my shoulders a little bit, do some light exercises, maybe drink some caffeinated beverage (coke, coffee, tea).

It's moderate I take tylenol or ibuprofin.

If it's more severe I'll do all the above and go lie down with an ice pack at the back of my neck and head.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

Sex.

It releases endorphines, natural painkillers.

Enjoy!

It also increases blood pressure which can royally screw with your headache. Bad idea.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit