What do you do when you get a headache?

by asilentone 33 Replies latest jw friends

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

Lock your thumbs together. Twist your hands until your middle finger is touching your wrist.

Massage the spot on your wrist where your middle finger touches.

That's the pressure point for headaches.

I also have an excellent cure for hiccups. Works every time.

Seriously. Try the pressure point..

• homeschool
    homeschool

The fleshy part between your thumb and forefinger...that's another pressure point. It feels very uncomfortable to push on but it will absolutely help with a headache. If you can get somebody else to do it for a couple minutes, that would be great. Where does the headache affect you?...by your eyes? from your neck up the back of your head? by your temples? Or is it just on one side or the other? If it's a migraine, medicine is the most effective. However, massage therapy is VERY beneficial to help prevent migraines and headaches. You have so many nerves that run right up the center of your spine into your skull...if your neck muscles are tight, they pinch those nerves which can cause headaches, nausea, fatigue. It's quite common for your 1st vertebrae, C1, to get out of place. And when that happens, headaches can occur. Have you ever seen a chiropractor?

• White Dove
    White Dove

Stop looking at the computer.

Turn the lights out.

Take 4 ibuprophen.

Lay down for a nap.

If super bad: Have daughter or someone rub the hams of your hands for accupressure.

These work for me.

• Marlene
    Marlene

Using the 'neti pot' always helps clear up my headaches (and allergies). It's also good for parlor tricks :)

http://www.webmd.com/allergies/sinus-pain-pressure-9/neti-pots

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

Yes!!

I forgot about the Neti-Pot!!

Good idea, Marlene!

You rock!!

• RR
    RR
    What do you do when you get a headache?

I STOP reading the Watchtower

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

If the headache is from listening to Kingdumb maladies, now might be a good time to pitch them. Frequently, you can get one from "bad" music, or even Christmas decorations, if you have been programmed to hate those things enough (it's the being a witless, not the decorations or music, that causes the headache).

If your headache is independent of the witlesses, you might simply need more sleep. I would definitely check your food--if you find anything with monosodium glutamate, hydrolyzed proteins, autolyzed yeast, yeast nutrients or yeast extract, sodium or calcium caseinate, textured protein, or gelatin, that might be causing the headache. Hidden sources of MSG could include natural flavors, spices, broth, stock, and other flavored items (this is most likely with meat or cheese flavors than with fruit flavors). Hydrolyzed starch may or may not also have glutamate, as may modified starch or a host of other things (if there was any protein with the starch when it was hydrolyzed, that protein would contain the glutamate). Try reducing or eliminating these items (as well as aspartame) and see if your headaches are less severe or frequent.

And, if you take magnesium, it might reduce or eliminate your problem. That stuff works best with tension headaches (and might reduce a glutamate or aspartame headache), but it will do some good too with migraines and cluster headaches. Taking magnesium regularly might also reduce the tension headaches, and keep you from getting as many. Plus, it is much safer than pain killers, which you may still take if you still get a headache and magnesium and/or a nap doesn't clear it up.

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

nathmedeah, you didn't answer the question bout whether sex is okay for a headache.

• Gregor
    Gregor

Hair of the Dog and a bowl of hot Menudo.

• Marlene
    Marlene

Hi Nath-

Is this the drug you're referring to? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salicylic_acid ...the description says "In addition to being a compound that is chemically similar to but not identical to the active component of aspirin (acetylsalicylic acid), it is probably best known for its use in anti-acne treatments."

Also, would you apply it topically? Thanks for the tip too!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit