Why can a JW get a boob job but not a tatoo???

by cognac 45 Replies latest jw friends

• JWoods
    JWoods

One more reminder of how capricious this org. can be over what is and is not "pagan in origin".

For example, wedding rings are OK, birthdays are not. Torture stake is OK to picture in Watchtower graphics, conventional cross is pagan imagery.

Come to think of it, printed graphics in the Watchtower are perfectly OK, even of Jesus, but religious Icons in the catholic church are "idolatry". Not just the sculptures, but also even the roof of the sistine chapel and those painted on wood Russian icons.

Thanksgiving, which originated in early American christianity, is pagan (because the JWs did not think it up themselves). Yet, the similar and perfectly biblical "love feast" is also no longer practiced for vague unstated reasons.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

It makes sense when you think of it:

Tatoos = Damn, look at that.

Big Boobs = Jesus Christ, look at those beauties !!

• bluecanary
    bluecanary
    It's a tit or tat thread

I just came here to LOL.

• WuzLovesDubs
    WuzLovesDubs

...and you cant be a Ministerial Servant if you got a vascectomy LOL! Thats just an excuse for the chicken shit brothers who dont want anybody cutting near the jewels :) But boob jobs??? Hell...all over being ok with THAT procedure.

• willyloman
    willyloman

Rumor was they were going to condemn breast enhancements until they realized magazine placements went way up post-op.

• Mad Dawg
    Mad Dawg

Hmmm... Maybe if a sister is harassed about a boob job, she can claim that Jehober miraculously cured her sagging boobs. The miracle being that she saved the money from her window washing job to do it.

• Pubsinger
    Pubsinger

Rumor was they were going to condemn breast enhancements until they realized magazine placements went way up post-op.

LOL at Willyloman

• Chalam
    Chalam

I agree Cognac, makes no sense at all. Mind you, I sure you realise they make the stuff up as they go along.

Take the "no blood" doctrine, that makes zero sense either.

So here's the verse.

Leviticus 19:28 (New International Version)

28 " 'Do not cut your bodies for the dead or put tattoo marks on yourselves. I am the LORD.

So its OK to cut your body for the living but not the dead?

Maybe they are waiting for the latest revision of the NWT before JW ladies get "counsel"?

1 Peter 3: 3 And do not let YOUR adornment be that of the external braiding of the hair and of the putting on of gold ornaments or the wearing of outer garments [or the augmentation of YOUR bodily organs]

All the best,

Stephen

• Hopscotch
    Hopscotch

Why are boob jobs OK for JWs?

Because the WTS is all for inflating their figures!

Hopscotch

• digderidoo
    digderidoo

I've seen JW's get tattoo's and not thrown in a JC. Don't believe it is a JC offence, but i'm open to be corrected.

Paul

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit