Bethel Brother for 15 years called to "head office" thought he was qoute: "Going to get fired."

by Witness 007 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

He's been there since the early 1980's and was called to the "head office" for the first time in 15 years! I was told he crapped himself saying I qoute: "I thought they were going to fire me." Instead he got a free trip to Korea to represent our Bethel during the next Convention....a reward or bonus for his many years of service....the Elder who told me about this said how "kind" Bethel is to do this, but I just thought damn, the guys been getting $50 bucks a month pay for 15 years...at least send him to Disneyland as well!

• metatron
    metatron

How kind of them to throw long term brothers into the street with Bethel layoffs - so that they can save money to send this brother to Korea.

Remember that Hitler was kind to his dog, Blondi. Big deal.

metatron

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I can imagine that if they were given the choice to stay at work or be "called to the head office" for whatever may come,
    most Bethelites would be afraid it would not be a trip and would choose to stay at work and skip the roll of the dice.

This does happen similarly in the regular world. People are called to the office for good or bad, sometimes it's a roll of the dice.
    WTS is just a corporation that cannot manage their nearly free labor properly.

• Farkel
    Farkel

:Instead he got a free trip to Korea to represent our Bethel during the next Convention.

Those bastards probably sent him to NORTH Korea with a one-way ticket!

Farkel

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Jehovah provides -isnt he wonderful?

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Farkel lol....he'd be the only Witness in North Korea......for a few days at least!!!

• dissed
    dissed

I was notified to come see the Home Servant while at Bethel. Everyone in my dept. knew I was going to the office. I was scared. haha

And why? What did I do?

He found objectional Albums in my room. (Albums were discs with music recorded on them pre-CD's)

KISS was frowned upon in those days. I was told the name meant "Knights in Satans Service" Supposedly, the story goes, one KISS album flew around a room and hit a Bethel sister in the head in the past. Oh those Demons! They really know how to have a good time!

This is also why acronyms are evil and why the GB objects to their use.

This now Ex-Bethelite was mad. "How dare they go through my stuff?!" Only to be informed, "Its part of Bethel procedure to search the Brothers rooms" Translated, you have NO RIGHTS at Bethel, and NOTHING is private. Little did I know then, this was the start of my doubting.

My Dept. mates were horrified! At lunchtime, most went to their rooms to hide their albums. Even the SR's (self-righteous ones) did the same.

A BA (bad attitude) friend told me, "You will eventually be me. Bethel will mold you. You are powerless to resist." So true, so true....

Two comments down, eight to go.

"Your comments wisely you must use. Few of them, yours to use." - Yoda, Jedi Master and sayer of cool wise thingys

• kitten whiskers
    kitten whiskers

dissed...welcome! You are one funny person! Love your comments and wise words of Yoda! Looking forward to hearing more from you!

What was this post about? (Scrolls back to the top)...oh yeah! You know, the Disneyland ticket would have been nice, but it is the "magic kingdom" and we all know magic is bad! Remember the Awake! magazine on it back in the old, old format? I was a kid who had never been to Disney and was sure it was going to say how evil it was! It was in a deep pink ink and had a little girl with a balloon running in front of Cinderella's castle if I remember correctly.

How sad to be loyal for 15 years and fear that you would be kicked out at the drop of a hat. It just shows how little faith these ones who have sacrificed their youth and productive years have in their security there. They were told Jehovah would take care of them and they were doing him a great service. They were told it was a privelege and honor to serve at Bethal. That they were required to meet Bethal's demands to stay and must serve at least a year. The fine print was that they wouldn't necessarily have a home if they sacrificed themselves on Bethal's alter. It is a gamble and every day it could change. Is that really "God's loving arrangement"? Evidently Watchtower's god doesn't really "remember all you have done for my name". He is waiting to put them on the street like piece of used up trash.

• bluecanary
    bluecanary

Welcome dissed

• cantleave
    cantleave

I remember a watching the worls article aor something simkilar talking a bout Kiss using an ouija board on a plane. Great band, Gene Simmons Rocks.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit